The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE Philosophy

Hello! I have just finished my 1st year studying philosophy and economics and I was wondering if anyone could give me any advice on how best to pick a course from the philosophy option list? They all look very interesting so it's difficult to choose. Morality and values seems like a good option and I had Andrew Khoury for PH103 last year and thought he was very good. Does anyone the know the less difficult options to go for? And the more interesting ones as well? I appreciate the help! :smile:
Reply 1
I don't study philosophy so can't help with specifics. However when choosing modules, it can be very useful to search and join potential courses on moodle, this way you can see what the content is like.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
I'm a third year and can tell you from experience that PH214 isn't very difficult at all! It is interesting though and Andrew is a great lecturer, he's also really approachable.

Another one I'd really suggest is PH222, philosophy and public policy. That was probably my favourite course so far. The discussions in class had a habit of becoming heated, which I really enjoyed.
Reply 3
Original post by ljcl
I'm a third year and can tell you from experience that PH214 isn't very difficult at all! It is interesting though and Andrew is a great lecturer, he's also really approachable.

Another one I'd really suggest is PH222, philosophy and public policy. That was probably my favourite course so far. The discussions in class had a habit of becoming heated, which I really enjoyed.

Thank you! I feel a lot better about choosing PH214 now. I was planning on taking PH222 next year since many people have been recommending it. Thanks again :smile:
Reply 4
Hey - I am about to start my philosophy and economics undergrad at LSE this October but really need to know a few things first if possible. For first years - How many hours of lectures/classes are there a week? Do I need to go to all of them or can i watch a video of some online (if so how often are they posted)?
I'm trying to plan my schedule to do another programme so need to know when I would be free. Also, in general are the philosophy lectures in the afternoon and Eco in morning (or vice versa) or is it random.

Lastly, how interesting have you found the degree? Do you enjoy it/ think the teaching overall is goods be made subjects interesting/ find it difficult? How much work do you get?

I know there are a lot of questions here but the answers would be a real help.

Thanks !!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending