The Student Room Group

A level advice.

I am starting Sixth form in September and the subjects I have chosen for AS are: Art, Physics, English Language, Business Studies;

In uni, I want to do Industrial design, and basically all universities that offer this course only ask for Art as a subject. Now, here comes the dilemma. I have contacted some universities and one of them told me that besides Art, it is good to have Maths/Physics and English, although it is not necessary.

So: Art- compulsory, will obviously do it
Physics - a good A level to have, and I'm better at it than Maths.
English Language - I don't want to take literature b/c I don't enjoy it, but I want to do English

Should I do German instead of Business Studies? I'm thinking of it in case I want to drop Physics at A2 so I still have a 'hard' subject. But then again, they don't say that it is necessary/or I might end up dropping Business instead.

What would you go for?

Cheers
Reply 1
I think the ones you've chosen sound good. Do the subjects you'll like the most because you may have an intention to drop your least favourite, but for me it didn't turn out that way. Do you want to do business or german?
Reply 2
Business studies is not a very well respected A level and my friends say it is hard and boring. Your choice but that's their general view! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest