The Student Room Group

Can GPs write medical evidence letters for past/temporary patients?

I need a medical evidence letter but can't see my current GP as I'm away for the summer, so I was considering trying to request a letter from a GP closer to where I am, who I used to be registered with 2 years ago, and can easily register with as a temporary resident if I need to.

Question is: will this be likely to be worth my time and effort?
Reply 1
It depends on what you require. If it relates to any issues that you have seen another doctor for then the temp doctor will be unable to provide this.

I would imagine the doctor would be hesitant to write a report for a patient that is only a tempory resident.
Original post by Egypt
It depends on what you require. If it relates to any issues that you have seen another doctor for then the temp doctor will be unable to provide this.

I would imagine the doctor would be hesitant to write a report for a patient that is only a tempory resident.

It is a long-term condition which I have spoken to the doctor I'd be seeing as a temporary patient about before - I've seen both of them about it but just a different one more recently...
Reply 3
They will probably write you a note saying "Magdatrix has a broken leg". They will probably not write you something saying "Magdatrix has had this since January" as they can't be sure you have - they may say you've seen them about it before, but that only really proves you've had it on two separate occasions.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending