The Student Room Group

Sending Application

Hi,
I was not entirely sure about going to university this year, but have been considering to attend in 2013, so i am just wondering if now is too late to send in my online application to UCAS?
(edited 10 years ago)
You can still apply for 2013 entry. At this point your application will be sent straight through to Clearing (so you'll be applying by phoning up universities on/after scottish/A level results day, preferably WITH your results, getting informal offers and then chosing between those offers over a very short timescale - UCAS clearing info is here: http://www.ucas.com/how-it-all-works/undergraduate/results/if-you-have-no-offers ).

Because everything in Clearing runs so quickly the key is to do as much research before results day as possible. Have a clear idea when you apply which subject you want to study at university and which universities you'd be interested in contacting. Put together a personal statement explaining why you want to study your subject and do your research on the universities you're interested in. You can even contact universities now and explain that you're applying late straight into Clearing and ask if they know yet whether they'll have space available for your subject in clearing and if yes whether your predicted grades are the sorts of results they'd be willing to accept.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending