The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Right here is some valuable advice unlike most posts on here, invest in some martial arts training, the skills you'll learn for life can come in handy anywhere anytime.

Next time he tries it, karate kick his ass and pin him down, show your a tough cookie and unless he wants to get a beating of a life time he'll never try threatening you again.

all the best.
Walk away now. Violence starts like this and it can spiral out of control very rapidly. He needs professional help if he thinks he can use violence to manipulate someone. You say that you lovehim, but he obviously doesn't love you if he has to control you.

Please leave him, violence is a very serious issue and unless he gets professional help it will only get worse.
Reply 22
Anonymous
I don't know guys, I'm so messed up.. So sorry cause this is a long rant, and I guess I've had a bit too much wine..
We were having an argument over something very insignificant, and i didn't like the way he was making me feel guilty and all so I basicly told him to get out of my house. Well then he attacked me, taking a tight grip from my neck and hitting me to the bed. Obviously I wasn't hurt, but it could have been the table or something than the soft bed. I was in such a shock that I was just crying my eyes out, and eventually he conforted me, after I begged him to. He wouldn't say he was sorry. Then, he literally threathened me and my family, but since I love him I told him that, and he stayed over and said he was sorry.
I just don't know how to deal with this all, because I've always been of the opinion that if somebidy hurts you they're not worth it, but I just can't give up on him. The thing is that he has an anger problem, and I'm really trying to be there for him, but in the end I don't know if he loves me the way I love him. Surely he wouldn't do that if he did. I can't talk about this to anyone, because in essence my friends and people think that my life is perfect so they would'nt understand. It's just that I love him and find it hard to believe that he was capable to such a thing..
Any advice? Is my gut feeling right that I shouldn't be treated like this and should I just get rid of him..? Thanks for any advice, I'm lost at the moment

Hitting the ones you love is not the solution, especially a girl. Having an anger problem is not an excuse. I get angry very easily too; however never do I hit my gf. He's not worth it. It's hard, but it seems as if it's time to let go now.
Reply 23
keenya2006
hold up...it takes 7 hours for me to get from chicago to London...we can gut his ass! i hate bastards. I feel like acting like Jennifer Lopez in Enough. You need to first off...get away from him, go some place safe and call the cops on his ass.

You plan on removing his Colon? Remind me to never get on the wrong side of you.
Reply 24
Once can be an accident, twice is unforgivable.
Reply 25
Elipsis
Get rid of him, he is obv a loser.
That's not fair.. OP said he has an anger problem - get him to work on that (with a psychologist or sth).
Reply 26
it doesnt matter what the argument was about! no one deserves to be hit! also tell the police about it and his threatening behaviour!
You definitely need to get out of there ASAP. There are no excuses for hitting you. You can't work it out with him, he needs professional help.

You need to talk to your family or friends or someone you can trust. But please get out of there before its too late. He WILL keep doing this again and again. The sooner you get out of there the better, otherwise he might go too far and you could get seriously hurt or even dead. It has happened many times before to women. It's even happening now!

GET OUT PLEASE!!!

Karen x
Reply 28
sparkle86
There are no excuses for hitting you.
I just realised sth... Are you two muslims by any chance? Cos there have been several posts on TSR where those men seem to hit their women a lot and think it's normal. :confused: Obviously it isn't, but if he is then maybe he can't be helped which anger management classes (as I sort of suggested in my previous post).
Go to the police.
I'd get out while you still can before he does further damage to you and also your self esteem, or least tell him to get help, and also stay off the drink that can also make people more aggressive.
Reply 31
AnnaKatharina
:ditto:

perhaps she was feeling emotionally unstable and wanted him to leave so that she could calm down and process her feelings before saying something she would really regret later

yea sure but still telling your bf to "get out of my house" is a bit extreme and rude
Reply 32
Pandy
If he has a problem it's not necessarily his fault, if that makes sense?

Talk to him about it though, that'll be the best way to solve the problem. We can't help much :frown:.

If he carries on after you've talked to him though, get rid. That's my advice. Best of luck.

Violent men are violent because they can't express themselves. Do you really want a b/f who is incapable of saying how he feels and having an adult conversation?

Get rid.
Reply 33
keenya2006
hold up...it takes 7 hours for me to get from chicago to London...we can gut his ass! i hate bastards. I feel like acting like Jennifer Lopez in Enough. You need to first off...get away from him, go some place safe and call the cops on his ass.

Good to see that your original comments were edited. Joking about rape is not acceptable or funny just because a man is on the receiving end. I bet you would be the first to complain if a man said a similiar thing about a women. Unfortunately, it is indicative of society today that a women think they can make comments like that. I would feel no sympathy if someone like you was beaten up by a man.

To the OP I think that you should take two things into considerations. Firsty, how violent was the attack and has this happened before. If all he did was push you onto a bed then I think you may be over-reacting a bit, especially if this is the first time this has happened. If the attack was more violent and he has shown this sort of behaviour before I think you should leave him. Unfortunately, it is hard for the perpetrator to break out of this cycle of behaviour. Good luck and I hope you can sort the situation out.
Rip his knob off next time you're giving him head. Then apologise. Then dump him.
Reply 35
DanGrover
Rip his knob off next time you're giving him head. Then apologise. Then dump him.

Do you think she would get out alive after doing that?
Amnesia
Do you think she would get out alive after doing that?

If my nob got ripped off, i'd have more important things on my mind - such as "i'm bleeding to death" and "ow, my knobs gone" to chase off after a girl down the road while i was, wearing nothing, blood flowing liberally from my crotch (presumably he'd have an erection).
Reply 37
Sounds like a ******, and now that he knows he can get away with it he will take it further.

Get rid of em.
Reply 38
DanGrover
If my nob got ripped off, i'd have more important things on my mind - such as "i'm bleeding to death" and "ow, my knobs gone" to chase off after a girl down the road while i was, wearing nothing, blood flowing liberally from my crotch (presumably he'd have an erection).

Fair point, but if I was going to bleed to death after having my nob ripped off I would still make sure that I got her first. Even if it was the last thing I did!
just my opinions...

firstly *hugs*. having a bad childhood is not an excuse for being violent, lots of ppl have bad childhoods but they do not develop anger problems, plus if he knows he has an anger problem he should seek help, what's his excuse for that? i would sit him down to talk (with your family in the house!) and tell him everything, how you feel and that u think he should seek help. see how he reacts. if it's badly, cut all contact. if it's positive still take a break, make him work on his own issues and u work on yours without the pressure of a relationship, then make him prove taht he deserves you after that (and hopefully by then u will know if it really is love). once MAY be forgiveable on individual circumstances, any more is not! love does not hurt purposefully and if he did it once, without help the cycle will continue! it's time to talk to those u think think your life is perfect! talk to friends and family, maybe a counsellor, or a call line, or your gp, you are not alone! you deserve more than this. also, document everything, write it, take pics if possible, just so if something else did happened u have evidence. good luck!

Latest

Trending

Trending