The Student Room Group

Student finance help!!!

My son is doing his A-levels at the moment and is starting to look around at universities. He wants to go to a university in London that has a good reputation for the subject he wants to study. Because of the high living costs in London he is considering going to live with his father (who lives quite near the uni). We are amicably separated but his father has never legally had parental responsibility for him. My query is about student finance. If my son lives with his dad while at university will this be classed as living in the parental home? Also whose income will be assessed when applying for student finance, mine or my ex-partners?

I would be grateful for any advice so we can work out whether this would be an option to consider. Thanks in advance!!
SFE go by the parent a student has most contact with, so if he moves in this would be his father and he would be considered as living in the parental home. If his father has a partner, their income will also be taken into account.
Reply 2
Original post by applicationa
SFE go by the parent a student has most contact with, so if he moves in this would be his father and he would be considered as living in the parental home. If his father has a partner, their income will also be taken into account.

Thanks for your reply!! When he applies for student finance I will be the parent he has the most contact with so hopefully it will be my income that is assessed as his father would never agree to have his income assessed.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending