The Student Room Group

It's about time someone blew this **** wide open...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by jokosor
I never liked flip flops, I guess they are the equivalent of a thong running through your feet...

Ironically enough both the Aussies and the Yanks call them Thongs :tongue:
Reply 21
lies and slander i say to this, i shall wear my flip flops/thongs/jandels with painful body ruining pride.
Used to wear flipflops (as well as those canvas vans replica £3 from primark monstrosities) until they gave me plantar fasciitis, which needed insoles to correct. Now the only shoes I have are a few pairs of real vans, and my doc martens, and otherwise go barefoot, keeps my feet happy.
Reply 23
Original post by cl_steele
lies and slander i say to this, i shall wear my flip flops/thongs/jandels with painful body ruining pride.

Some people just can't accept help when it's offered to them... tsk.
Reply 24
Original post by Drewski
Some people just can't accept help when it's offered to them... tsk.

Im offended, i demand satisfaction!
Reply 25
Original post by Drewski
The Ozzies do call them thongs.

Ironically enough both the Aussies and the Yanks call them Thongs :tongue:

Somehow it all makes sense now :biggrin:
Reply 26
Im offended, i demand satisfaction!

I'd say "come and get it" but you with your newly crippled feet will only manage a slow shuffle in my direction and I'd die of old age before you reached me!
Reply 27
Original post by Drewski
I'd say "come and get it" but you with your newly crippled feet will only manage a slow shuffle in my direction and I'd die of old age before you reached me!

A good friend of mine lives in cambridge i shall have him steal Mr Hawkings motorized wheel chair and face you with that :colonhash:
Reply 28
Gaze upon the horror that flips flops create. :eek:
This is the gathering point for hatin' on the flippie floppers.
https://www.facebook.com/flipflophate
Original post by Drewski
...How Your Flip Flops Are Killing Your Feet

I for one am glad someone's finally hitting the subjects that matter.

No longer shall these £1 bits of foam be allowed to cripple us and our children!

Flip flops, it's probably how Nazi Germany started.
Original post by thunder_chunky
Flip flops, it's probably how Nazi Germany started.

That's even truer than you know. The Fuhrer went into wholesaling and his catalogue includes... you've guessed it....
http://www.fuhrerwholesale.com/pdf/Fuhrer_June_2011_Newsletter.pdf
Original post by Ham22
I fail to see how walking with flat footwear causes problems. And if that is the case then maybe we should consider the possibility that human feet aren't fit for purpose.

yessss, let's start a campaign for the government to fund bionic legs and feet :beard:
Reply 33
VIB24_400_1.jpg
ftw!
Reply 34
Original post by simon_g
VIB24_400_1.jpg
ftw!

Nope.
Nopenopenope.
Those things are creepy as hell, I don't care how comfy they're suppoosed to be, I'll happily take my chances running barefoot rather that inflict those on myself.
I never wear flip flops, you can't really run in them and you get deformed toes. Bare feet or sandals all the way!
Reply 36
Original post by simon_g
VIB24_400_1.jpg
ftw!

No.

Original post by alex193
Nope.
Nopenopenope.
Those things are creepy as hell, I don't care how comfy they're suppoosed to be, I'll happily take my chances running barefoot rather that inflict those on myself.

Agreed.

You can get shoes which do the exact same job but look like shoes.
http://www.vivobarefoot.com/uk/

Spoiler

Reply 37
Original post by alex193

they are comfy. and creepy :P
and "converse" like shoes, although much better than "standard" runners, are not as good as these.
also you can get them in various styles and colors- including the casual one, in brown/black etc, so they would be hard to notice (at first).
nothing beats them for running/gym!
Hey, i have a mini thing with girls feet, i dont want them to be hiding them away if theyre cute..

-____-
Reply 39
Original post by simon_g
they are comfy. and creepy :P
and "converse" like shoes, although much better than "standard" runners, are not as good as these.
also you can get them in various styles and colors- including the casual one, in brown/black etc, so they would be hard to notice (at first).
nothing beats them for running/gym!

Not true. There are loads of variations on the barefoot running shoes out there now, all with flat soles and then varying degrees of support or traction. Vibram have got a gimmick with the toes, but so many others do equally good shoes. VivoBarefoot, Merrell, Saucony, Inov8, New Balance, Adidas and Nike... Lots out there, all just as effective.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending