The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

2013/14 Accommocation Troubles

Hi :smile: I'm joining this September to do English and Italian on Clifton campus.
When I went to apply for halls the only spaces left were on Meridian and Maltings but everyones raving about Peverell and Gill street. What's so special about these?
I'm worried I've picked halls that are out of the way and that noone wants :frown: PLUS I study on Clifton.

Any advice or comments would be appreciated. If you want to swap from anywhere to Meridian then be sure to let me know oxo
Reply 1
One bedroom flat available at Goldsmith Court, £212 per week for 48 weeks (September 2013 - August 2014). Across the road from NTU. All bills included, Wi-Fi, flat screen TV and TV license, and contents insurance. Single and dual occupancy available. Please call 0115 947 4078 for details and to book a viewing.

http://www.touchstonestudentliving.co.uk/accommodation/nottingham/goldsmith-court-central-nottingham-student-accommodation-rooms-flats-touc-0
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by LeaahhhLannddd
Hi :smile: I'm joining this September to do English and Italian on Clifton campus.
When I went to apply for halls the only spaces left were on Meridian and Maltings but everyones raving about Peverell and Gill street. What's so special about these?
I'm worried I've picked halls that are out of the way and that noone wants :frown: PLUS I study on Clifton.

Any advice or comments would be appreciated. If you want to swap from anywhere to Meridian then be sure to let me know oxo

You can change your accommodation if you want to. The uni-owned halls will be reassigned very quickly, but with private halls you have to search for your own replacement (but that's really easy).

As for finding another room...people's circumstances change all the time and rooms become available all the time - it's just a matter of catching them before they're snapped up again!

Call up the NTU accommodation service to see if they have anything else or if they can reassign you, but also ring around the private halls to see what's going. In Nottingham the private halls are:

Goldsmith Court
Mansion Square
Victoria Hall
Trinity Square
Glasshouse
Manor Villages
IQ Exchange
Opal
Russell View
Riverside Point
Cotton Mills

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 3
I'm going to live at Goldsmith court which is a private halls in the city centre, but I'm studying at Clifton, so I'm just going to get the uni bus up for lectures :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
En-suite study bedroom available at Goldsmiths as I have dropped out, £106 a week. It's the best location of all the accommodations in Nottingham for city campus. If you want any more info on it please pm me.
Reply 5
Original post by TashaMalks
I'm going to live at Goldsmith court which is a private halls in the city centre, but I'm studying at Clifton, so I'm just going to get the uni bus up for lectures :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're doing exactly what I did in first year! Goldsmiths is incredible; you'll love it :smile: Just in case you need any info on the buses...

Commuting to Clifton can take between 20 and 40 minutes depending on the time of day (even up to 45 during rush hour) but it's SO easy. The UniLink 4 bus runs up to every 7 minutes between the City and Clifton campuses. In the city it departs from The Cornerhouse (bus stop by Strada restaurant) and at Clifton the stop is right inside the campus between George Eliot (library entrance) and the CELS building.

If you are commuting you should invest in a bus pass that is loaded into your NTU student smart card. The pass can be used on all Nottingham City Transport buses and it costs £199 for the academic year, which, although it seems a little expensive, will save you a fortune in the long run. Without the pass it would cost you £3.40 a day in tickets travelling to and from uni and that would add up to £199 by about Christmas. The pass also means that you don't need to worry about always carrying loose change for bus fare - in Nottingham the buses don't give change so if you only have a £10 note you're paying a £10 bus fare. The pass option is a no brainer.

If you want to know anything else about Goldsmiths or Clifton, just ask! I study French and Spanish at Clifton Campus so I'm full of info!
Reply 6
Original post by TashaMalks

Posted from TSR Mobile

if you happen to not like the people in your flat contact me and I'll show you who was in my one in case you want to swap
Original post by Fayerae
One bedroom flat available at Goldsmith Court, £212 per week for 48 weeks (September 2013 - August 2014). Across the road from NTU. All bills included, Wi-Fi, flat screen TV and TV license, and contents insurance. Single and dual occupancy available. Please call 0115 947 4078 for details and to book a viewing.

http://www.touchstonestudentliving.co.uk/accommodation/nottingham/goldsmith-court-central-nottingham-student-accommodation-rooms-flats-touc-0

Seriously? £212 per week on a 13 month contract is obscene.

I will be in a £85 per week waterfront apartment 20 minutes walk from NTU on a minimum 6 month contract.
Reply 8
Hi

There is an en-suite study bedroom within Goldsmith Court available to let as I've decided to not take up the tenancy. Goldsmith court is right opposite Nottingham Trent university. It has brilliant facilities e.g. en-suite study room, internet access, shared kitchen facilities, laundry room etc. Also at a very reasonable rate of £106 a week!

If interested, or need to know more information , please contact me!

Thanks
Reply 9
Original post by boston_george
Seriously? £212 per week on a 13 month contract is obscene.

I will be in a £85 per week waterfront apartment 20 minutes walk from NTU on a minimum 6 month contract.

The room is for two people though so split in half its not that bad....and september til august is not 13 months. id rather have a 20 second walk than a 20 minute walk. any city centre accommodation with bills, internet and everything included will not be cheap. plus any residential halls is extortionate with prices.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending