The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Vixen
I should get my pictures out aswell and we can all compare who looks the best covered in mud :p:

Haha, that's a good plan. I think I gave a few children nightmares that day.

Hmm... you're pretty much guaranteed amazing weather when you go to Turkey. But when it rains, it really hammers down. We were on a Jeep Safari last year when the heavens opened... we were all sitting in the back of the jeep, which had no roof and got absolutely soaked.
Reply 21
jeff's_dead
Haha, that's a good plan. I think I gave a few children nightmares that day.

Hmm... you're pretty much guaranteed amazing weather when you go to Turkey. But when it rains, it really hammers down. We were on a Jeep Safari last year when the heavens opened... we were all sitting in the back of the jeep, which had no roof and got absolutely soaked.

Oooh, the Jeep Safari is a good trip aswell :biggrin: I cant imagine it being quite so good if its raining though :eek: Did you go to the gorge? And the place wherre the old women were making pancakes? :cool:

Aaah cool - I just saw you stayed in Olu last year...thats right by Hisaronu where I usually go. Just a bit further down the mountain :wink: The beaches are so nice down in Olu. We had to get buses down to the beach from where we were which was actually really good fun, plus the hotel has its own private bit of beach that they take you to so its quiet. Aaaah....Turkey :love:
Vixen
Oooh, the Jeep Safari is a good trip aswell :biggrin: I cant imagine it being quite so good if its raining though :eek: Did you go to the gorge? And the place wherre the old women were making pancakes? :cool:

Aaah cool - I just saw you stayed in Olu last year...thats right by Hisaronu where I usually go. Just a bit further down the mountain :wink: The beaches are so nice down in Olu. We had to get buses down to the beach from where we were which was actually really good fun, plus the hotel has its own private bit of beach that they take you to so its quiet. Aaaah....Turkey :love:

Well... the Jeep Safari we did was in Olu Deniz, but we did see the pancake women, at a trout farm. I didn't enjoy the trip all that much... it was a bit too long, and the whole thing turned into a massive water fight (which would have been good, had it been a hot day - but it was freezing.)

The lagoon at Olu Deniz is stunning. It was quite a distance from where we were staying though. It was also full of people paragliding, which was fun to watch.

Here's a picture of a baby trout at the bar...
Reply 23
jeff's_dead
Well... the Jeep Safari we did was in Olu Deniz, but we did see the pancake women, at a trout farm. I didn't enjoy the trip all that much... it was a bit too long, and the whole thing turned into a massive water fight (which would have been good, had it been a hot day - but it was freezing.)

The lagoon at Olu Deniz is stunning. It was quite a distance from where we were staying though. It was also full of people paragliding, which was fun to watch.

Here's a picture of a baby trout at the bar...

No, I dont think I'd enjoy the jeep safari if it was rainy and cold. Its a bit nippy as it is cos of speeding along in open jeeps and all that!! What hotel/apartments did you stay at in Olu, just out of interest?

Hehe, yeh I like watching the paragliders!! Its one of those things I would love to do and talk about doing before I go then when I get to Turkey I wimp out :redface:

Awww...what a cute little trout :biggrin: They were really cool. Ive got a few cool photos of the trout farm aswell...I really will have to find them later.
Vixen
No, I dont think I'd enjoy the jeep safari if it was rainy and cold. Its a bit nippy as it is cos of speeding along in open jeeps and all that!! What hotel/apartments did you stay at in Olu, just out of interest?

Hehe, yeh I like watching the paragliders!! Its one of those things I would love to do and talk about doing before I go then when I get to Turkey I wimp out :redface:

Awww...what a cute little trout :biggrin: They were really cool. Ive got a few cool photos of the trout farm aswell...I really will have to find them later.

We stayed at a place called Hotel Karbel Sun. It was a really nice hotel, and the guys who worked there were legends.

The balcony you can see in the background of the photo was my bedroom... I had such a great view.
Reply 25
jeff's_dead
We stayed at a place called Hotel Karbel Sun. It was a really nice hotel, and the guys who worked there were legends.

The balcony you can see in the background of the photo was my bedroom... I had such a great view.

Oh wow, that looks stunning :smile:

Oh, I really need to go back to Turkey now!!!!
Reply 26
aw man I luuuurve Turkey! I went to Olu Deniz (sp?). I had the best time ever! I didn't have time to read through all the posts so sorry if all of this has been said!!!

Ok, have a turkish massage. It's the most amazing thing ever.

The mub baths are incredible. I have many comedy pictures from there! The hot pools (cant remember the proper name) smell really bad. I couldn't stay in there for long!

The people are absolutly lovely. Yes they can be quite persistant when trying to get you to buy stuff/eat in their restaurant, but just a polite no thank you is enough!

I thought Turkey was really beautiful. If any one has any questions about Olu Denize then just PM me x x

Steph x x
Lullaby
As far as I know İçmeler is quite hot in july and august 3o degrees or sth like that but it is a lively place at nights.

You may also visit Datça.It is nicer I think.

I went to Datca last summer and had the BEST time. My dad speaks very good Turkish so the people were SO lovely to us! I really think it's the most amazing country and i was so pleased that we were staying in a villa above a town rather than a resort because i feel like i experienced what Turkey was really like. My parents absolutely adore the place so we did lots of traditional things- like eating Orchid ice cream, my brother had a Turkish shave and we all had a Turkish bath. We also saw these amazing greek ruins of a city called Knidos right by the sea. I also really enjoyed being in a moderate Islamic country- hearing the call to prayer as the sun set made me feel like i was somewhere really exotic!

Below is a picture of our nice pool and terrace! hehe.
The prayer calls were quite creepy!!! Where we were it was so quiet walking back to the apartments and you'd hear this creep noise!

Here's where we stayed in Icmeler (we were in Grand Aquarium) - it was so nice!

Latest