The Student Room Group

Applying for jobs in Manchester

I'm wondering if anyone has had any success in applying for jobs specifically in the Trafford Centre in Manchester. If so did you take apply directly by taking a CV to the store or through an online application? I'm wondering whether it's worth going their with a batch of CVs when I might end up being told they only accept applications online since most of the stores are major retailers or restaurants.

Anyone who is working in the Trafford Centre please explain how you got the job and whether it is better for me to check online to see if they have an application or to go there directly with a CV. Also anyone who has handed CVs out in it explain whether it worked for you.

Thanks.
Original post by student gamer
I'm wondering if anyone has had any success in applying for jobs specifically in the Trafford Centre in Manchester. If so did you take apply directly by taking a CV to the store or through an online application? I'm wondering whether it's worth going their with a batch of CVs when I might end up being told they only accept applications online since most of the stores are major retailers or restaurants.

Anyone who is working in the Trafford Centre please explain how you got the job and whether it is better for me to check online to see if they have an application or to go there directly with a CV. Also anyone who has handed CVs out in it explain whether it worked for you.

Thanks.

According to my research, seems like you would have to look for the specific stores and check if they have any vacancies e.g. check Superdry, Schuh and others' websites. The trafford website doesn't really help much, at least i think so.
Original post by student gamer

Thanks.

Go to shops personally and ask about vacancies. The best time to apply for vacancies is before Christmas season. Because retail industry is often dead, believe it or not and vacancy are hard to come by.

Quick Reply

Latest