The Student Room Group

Quitting my new job

I've just started my new job but I really hate it and I don't feel safe. Its only my second job because I still have another part time job. Should I quit and how would I quit or should I give them more time?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Original post by girlikemoixx
I've just started my new job but I really hate it and I don't feel safe. Its only my second job because I still have another part time job. Should I quit and how would I quit or should I give them more time?

Posted from TSR Mobile

why don't you feel safe
Reply 2
Original post by GPH92
why don't you feel safe

It's door to door sales and the other day some woman set her dog on me. Also because we finish at 9 my way home is isolated.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
It's door to door sales and the other day some woman set her dog on me. Also because we finish at 9 my way home is isolated.

Posted from TSR Mobile

LOL OMG ! as if someone set a dog on you. Yeah I wouldn't do door to door sales, seems to be a bit of a waste of time.
Reply 4
Original post by GPH92
LOL OMG ! as if someone set a dog on you. Yeah I wouldn't do door to door sales, seems to be a bit of a waste of time.

No seriously she was like I've had you guys here so many times and go before I set her on you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
No seriously she was like I've had you guys here so many times and go before I set her on you

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol oh dear, what type of dog?
Reply 6
Original post by GPH92
Lol oh dear, what type of dog?

pitbull type- white
Who's the company?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
pitbull type- white

Whoah quit! quit!
Reply 9

Posted from TSR Mobile

Better quit and don't risk your own safety. Honestly, if she would try to do, can't you call the police for a threat?
I do political canvassing and can understand the dangers, but if you're with someone it should be okay. If you're polite (ie 'Sorry for disturbing you') and you smile, you'll be fine. If someone is annoyed or is being rude, just apologise immediately for wasting their time, and leave.

To be honest, door to door sales is a bit annoying and you'll get more angry people than I do through political canvassing, but I have had people shout and swear at me, while looking at me like I'm a pile of dirt, but you get used to it. Just keep your head up :smile:
If you continue to feel uneasy then quit; there's no point making yourself miserable over it.
Looks like quiting is the best course of action, considering the situation.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending