The Student Room Group

How much does a provisional license cost?

I went to apply for a provisional online today, and the first page I got to said there would be a £19 application fee, plus the £50 DVLA fee. So I went off it and found a different page where it said there would be a £50 application charge and *may* be additional charges from the DVLA once the application is complete.
Now, I thought provisional licenses just cost a one off payment of £50 and then that was it? I'd be using my photo off of my passport so won't need to spend money on getting photos or anything.
Just a bit confused and wondering if anyone who has ordered one recently has had to pay any more than £50 for it?
I'll probably ring them up to ask but can't until Monday now!

Thank you in advance!

:smile:
Where are you looking? Just go on the DVLA website, don't do it through a third party.
Reply 2
Original post by TattyBoJangles
Where are you looking? Just go on the DVLA website, don't do it through a third party.

Ah yeah I did think it seemed a bit weird! So it is just a one off payment of £50?
Do you have a link? :smile:
Original post by WeirdLittleO
Ah yeah I did think it seemed a bit weird! So it is just a one off payment of £50?
Do you have a link? :smile:

Yes, £50.

If you google 'provisional licence' it's the first link so I really don't know where you got the other sites from.
Anyway, it's here: https://www.gov.uk/apply-first-provisional-driving-licence
Reply 4
You can also get an applying form from post office and pay there as well 50 pounds.
Reply 5
Original post by TattyBoJangles
Yes, £50.

If you google 'provisional licence' it's the first link so I really don't know where you got the other sites from.
Anyway, it's here: https://www.gov.uk/apply-first-provisional-driving-licence

Thank you :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by to.ja
You can also get an applying form from post office and pay there as well 50 pounds.

Ah yeah. I thought about that but thought it'd be easier to do it online.

Quick Reply

Latest