The Student Room Group

LSE MSC : If the results from the old university are available after starting the msc

[INDENT] Hello Everybody

I'm an offer holder for the Msc Financial Mathematics at LSE. I'm done with my exams at my university but my graduation cerimony is in september (the closest option, i cannot do better). The msc has a pre sessional of two weeks and my graduation day will be just between the end of the pre-sessional and the real start date of the msc (0ctober 3). LSE told me that, since i do not need a visa, it is completely fine if i graduate in september but my professor has to send an headed paper stating that i've all the requirements for getting the title and that my grade cannot fall below the requested.

1- Is it common in the uk such a situation?
2- Is anybody experienced this procedure?
3 Do you think i will face some troubles due to this situation?

Many Thanks [/INDENT]
Reply 1
That's type of situation is normal.

In the UK, I began my Masters course three months before my graduation ceremony, where degree certificates were handed out. My Masters entry was instead confirmed when I provided the uni with my undergraduate transcript - a formal document (but not the actual degree certificate) which confirmed my final undergraduate mark.

If your university doesn't issue anything like this before your graduation day, then it's logical that an alternative will be requested such as written confirmation from a member of your current faculty.
Reply 2
Yes, the school asked for an headed paper where the thesis advisor states that my grade cannot fall below the requested, that all my exams are done and that i'm just missing the graduation ceremony. A stamp and an uni logo have to appear on it. It sounded strange since i have the pre-sessional registration hence i've tought that i had to be unconditional by sept 6th but the course coordinator told me that being an european and not needing a visa, i can attend as conditional up to the last registration day (oct 8th)
1- thank you for the reply, i had these info from the coordinator, but a situation when you attend a graduate school meanwhile you're not formally graduate with a bachelor always sounds strange so good confirmations could make me calmer and quiet.
2-I think that this is a big disadvantage for non EU student since they need a visa and as far as i can see a visa is issued if the requestor is fully graduated

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending