The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by thunder_chunky

You're obviously going to do it, don't play the "will he, won't he game." :cool:
It's about damn time you ran!

Honestly I am weighing it up, so I wouldn't make that assumption quite yet - you're right though, at some point I have to have a shot at becoming SG. :tongue:
Reply 21
There was already an election previously and it would have made more sense for it to go to the next one. I had things down differently.

I am not sure after last time, I don't need to remind you but it knocked things for me. The Outgoing SG thought I was enjoying things and threatened to remove one of my posts
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by The Mad Dog
If you want that arranged you can do it via AAM or AASL. I've no interest in pandering to your wants any further than in resigning my position.

It's worth noting here, and I've just checked this in the recycle bin, I cannot edit polls so the scope for me rigging this is non-existent.

OK I will do that.
Reply 23
There is bigger problems to sort out like membership retention etc

I don't know given I was knocked last time. And for the record I had nothing to do with it at all
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 24
Hmmm ive gone from tiny little african country to Aussie to the SC... i feel i might have to try climb the greasy pole a bit higher to SG :tongue:
Reply 25
I've outlined my reasons for resigning elsewhere.

With that in mind an election proceeding will now begin to the post of Secretary General.

It's sad that you felt that you couldn't go on, as I said I didn't vote for you but I was willing to you a chance. Good luck for whatever you do next :smile:

Original post by toronto353
I'm considering doing so, but I am unsure at this stage.

cl_steele
x

Kiss
x

You three are by my reckoning the best people to run, and I really hope you seriously consider it :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 26
Original post by cl_steele
Its a pitty to see you go so soon you were a fine job, please can you clarify one thing for me though how your dealings in the MHOC have adversely effected you in the MuN and led to this?
I think this must be the shortest tenure ive seen in a while :tongue:

I second that, as I said I'm too lazy to look through the various posts. I demand to be filled in on the gossip. :fuhrer:

I used a duplicate account to second a VoNC in Miser after four other members refused to second it, obviously this has severed my ability to work with a lot of Greens and even some other MHoC members. It's best I get out of the way as quickly as possible so the MUN isn't affected by my actions. If you want anymore "gossip" it's in the public domain.

By the way what's going to happen with the Historical Hype?

It will continue as long as it takes to reach a natural conclusion
Reply 27
Shame to see you go TMD, I had high hopes for the direction the MUN was going with you as SG. It's a real shame that events in the MoHC have led to this.

Hopefully your successor will keep the MUN going in the same direction. Congrats on the good job you did whilst you were here.
Wow, well wasn't expecting this when I woke up this morning, shame to see you go, you were doing a good job in all fairness.

If C_M, steele, kiss and Toronto run, it's going to be one hell of a close election.
Reply 29
Original post by Superunknown17
Wow, well wasn't expecting this when I woke up this morning, shame to see you go, you were doing a good job in all fairness.

If C_M, steele, kiss and Toronto run, it's going to be one hell of a close election.

Just remember I promise a free Lilly to everyone who votes for me :tongue:
Reply 30
I'd run for it but the problem is that I'm going away next Thursday until Sunday to Amsterdam so I don't know when the elections will be.
Reply 31
Original post by Kiss
I'd run for it but the problem is that I'm going away next Thursday until Sunday to Amsterdam so I don't know when the elections will be.

The election will run from next Friday until the following Friday, so you'll be around for most of it. I strongly suggest anyone who can and wants to run runs.
Reply 32
The election will run from next Friday until the following Friday, so you'll be around for most of it. I strongly suggest anyone who can and wants to run runs.

Allrighty, no problem then.
Reply 33
Just remember I promise a free Lilly to everyone who votes for me :tongue:

I promise free rep to everyone who votes for me :wink:
Bit of a shock to see you leaving so soon. Although you didn't serve long, you were shaping up to be a great successor so hopefully you will stick around as a rep.

I hope lots of you run for SG, the MUN needs continuity and strong leadership.
Reply 35
Original post by Birchington

I hope lots of you run for SG, the MUN needs continuity and strong leadership.

This is very true, it needs a big name on this forum to give it the strong leadership it so badly needs. For me those names I suggest are the biggest names in the MUN.
(edited 10 years ago)
If cl_steele, Kiss and Toronto all run, then I will definitely contest the election.
Reply 37
Original post by Kiss
I promise free rep to everyone who votes for me :wink:

Sorry firstly I meant lollies (stupid auto correct) second I will match kiss in his rep thing, I can also be used as a rep assassin against those you don't like :colone::tongue:
Reply 38
Original post by Cheese_Monster
If cl_steele, Kiss and Toronto all run, then I will definitely contest the election.

Why will you contest the election...?
Why will you contest the election...?

Cause it'll be a bloody interesting election. Bawjaws.