The Student Room Group

Options upon failing first year?

Long story short, very likely ive failed my first year of architecture at London Metropolitan due to lacking commitment and leaving everything till last minute, but i want to take a gap year, get my act together and reapply to another university for the same course. Does anyone know how easy this is to do and how likely it is that I will get into another university? If anyone has been in a similar position regarding failing their first year but realising that they've been a complete idiot for not giving it their all, would be really helpful to hear what u did upon leaving. Also any specific unis that anyone knows of that have accepted people who have previously failed or dropped out would be interesting. Thanks in advance for any help
Reply 1
Original post by Deebernier
Long story short, very likely ive failed my first year of architecture at London Metropolitan due to lacking commitment and leaving everything till last minute, but i want to take a gap year, get my act together and reapply to another university for the same course. Does anyone know how easy this is to do and how likely it is that I will get into another university? If anyone has been in a similar position regarding failing their first year but realising that they've been a complete idiot for not giving it their all, would be really helpful to hear what u did upon leaving. Also any specific unis that anyone knows of that have accepted people who have previously failed or dropped out would be interesting. Thanks in advance for any help

It is easy enough to drop out and reapply

Most universities would consider your application equally with the more standard ones

You will still be limited by your a level grades

You will need to think about the wording of your PS very carefully

You would need to have a very constructive gap year planned
And you will have used up a year of your student loan, so although you will still be funded for your next degree, you cannot afford to make any more mistakes as the rule is length of course + one year. Choose carefully and wisely.
would it not be safer to re-site your failed modules during the autumn rather than losing a year of loan?

you could re-sit and then see if you can transfer?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending