The Student Room Group

Predicted bad grades, but get good grades?

What happens if you're predicted bad grades for A2, due to a bad AS level grade, but at the end of A2 you get good grades?

I hear unis interview you/ accept you on predicted grades etc, does this mean you have to re apply the next year with your good grades... :frown:

Its just that my school has so many **** pupils so they think we are all rubbish and predict us crappy grades, even though some like me can change, the teachers have none of it.

Thanks.
Reply 1
There is always adjustment when you get your grades :smile:

look at this :smile:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=827966
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2
If you are predicted low grades then yes it will lower your chances at some universities. You could apply anyway. If you exceed your offer conditions on results day then you could consider going through Adjustment (where you can hold on to your firm choice while looking for alternative courses which may be better for you). Alternatively, take a gap year and reapply. Personally I think the 2nd option is the best as it gives you more time to carefully consider which universities you want to apply for and which courses suit you. It also makes things easier when it comes to arranging accommodation etc. However, it depends on whether you would like to do a gap year or not.
(edited 10 years ago)
You can have two bites at the cherry - apply this year and see how it pans out, and if you don't get anything you like, apply next year with your grades in hand. I suppose adding adjustment into the equation makes it three bites...
Reply 4
Original post by JordanS94
There is always adjustment when you get your grades :smile:

look at this :smile:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=827966

Original post by Zottula
If you are predicted low grades then yes it will limit where you can apply. You could apply anyway. If you exceed your offer conditions on results day then you could consider going through Adjustment (where you can hold on to your firm choice while looking for alternative courses which may be better for you). Alternatively, take a gap year and reapply. Personally I think the 2nd option is the best as it gives you more time to carefully consider which universities you want to apply for and which courses suit you. It also makes things easier when it comes to arranging accommodation etc. However, it depends on whether you would like to do a gap year or not.

Original post by carnationlilyrose
You can have two bites at the cherry - apply this year and see how it pans out, and if you don't get anything you like, apply next year with your grades in hand. I suppose adding adjustment into the equation makes it three bites...

Ah ok thanks guys :biggrin:
there is adjustment and clearing as options, or you could get an offer based on experience etc... what are your predicted grades? anything over BBB is standard I think and could get you into a lot of universities (unless your applying to really popular uni/course)
Reply 6
Predicted grades will definitely be looked at, but if you have a good personal statement etc this will stand you in good stead

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending