The Student Room Group

Architecture Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

The Brookes second years told me that eventually you'll need everything from this Kit list: https://wiki.brookes.ac.uk/download/attachments/65438055/Yr1+Equipment+List+13-14.pdf?version=1&modificationDate=1377007561000
But they don't expect you to have it when you start, you'll only need a sketchbook and pens and drawing pencils when your first start.
Has anyone been given a reading list by their University?
Original post by archilover
Hey, sorry for the late reply.
Yup, I got into first year.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/369488809788617/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/318002741699281/

Please to join these, so that we all can connect easily, By the way looks like we will be classmates :smile:
Reply 1542
Original post by wmsinr
Yes, you can find the information on their so-called Departmental Induction page.

http://www.bath.ac.uk/new-ug/induction/departments/department-timetables-welcome/ace.html

From there, you will see this. Then you click the Architecture student pack, you are able to order the complete student kit. Also from the Department Head's note, it seems they don't have a recommended reading list - as he says "You do not need to do any reading before you arrive"

[h="2"]Design Studio equipment[/h] Before you arrive you should make sure you have the necessary equipment for Design Studio. To help you, we’ve created simple packs which you can pre-order then collect at your induction talk, once you’re here.

Hope this helps.

Very helpful, thank you! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1543
Original post by Beta_C
Not that we currently even know what is required :P

Haha very true, though it at least looks like Bath have one for us :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1544
Original post by wmsinr
Yes, you can find the information on their so-called Departmental Induction page.

http://www.bath.ac.uk/new-ug/induction/departments/department-timetables-welcome/ace.html

From there, you will see this. Then you click the Architecture student pack, you are able to order the complete student kit. Also from the Department Head's note, it seems they don't have a recommended reading list - as he says "You do not need to do any reading before you arrive"

Design Studio equipment

Before you arrive you should make sure you have the necessary equipment for Design Studio. To help you, we’ve created simple packs which you can pre-order then collect at your induction talk, once you’re here.

Hope this helps.

Thank you so much :biggrin:
Reply 1545
Original post by Jose23
Haha very true, though it at least looks like Bath have one for us :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah its not badly priced for what it is either. We need a lot of stuff I didn't actually consider :P
Reply 1546
Original post by Beta_C
Yeah its not badly priced for what it is either. We need a lot of stuff I didn't actually consider :P

Yep there's a lot of stuff there, I don't know where I'll put it all! I'm getting excited now :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1547
Original post by Jose23
Yep there's a lot of stuff there, I don't know where I'll put it all! I'm getting excited now :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Its mostly fairly small things that'll fit on a desk it seems, but yeah me too :smile:
Reply 1548
Original post by Beta_C
Its mostly fairly small things that'll fit on a desk it seems, but yeah me too :smile:

Very true :wink: it'll be good to see how the course and everything works

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1549
Original post by Jose23
Very true :wink: it'll be good to see how the course and everything works

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know, I feel like I'm not too sure what to expect but we'll find out soon :biggrin: I got my accommodation through as well. I'm in Eastwood :smile:
Hey! Anyone for K100 in Strathclyde?? :biggrin:
Reply 1551
Original post by loveheart2
Hey! Anyone for K100 in Strathclyde?? :biggrin:

You've got one here!
Hi! :smile::biggrin:
Original post by chai95
You've got one here!
Hi! :smile::biggrin:

Heey! :biggrin: Nice to meet you (through the web hahah :lol:) .
Are you a first year student, like me?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1553
Original post by Beta_C
I know, I feel like I'm not too sure what to expect but we'll find out soon :biggrin: I got my accommodation through as well. I'm in Eastwood :smile:

Yup we sure will :smile: me and my mum went to Bath for the day today to look around again, the city is just amazing, and I still like the campus so that's always good haha :smile: ah that's good, it's all happening now :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1554
Original post by loveheart2
Heey! :biggrin: Nice to meet you (through the web hahah :lol:) .
Are you a first year student, like me?

Nice to meet you too (through the web)! Indeed I am a first year, im so excited, arn't you? :biggrin:
Reply 1555
Original post by Jose23
Yup we sure will :smile: me and my mum went to Bath for the day today to look around again, the city is just amazing, and I still like the campus so that's always good haha :smile: ah that's good, it's all happening now :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah nice, did you get to visit the campus again? Actually were you there on the post offer day with the group tasks? It is so lovely though :smile:
Original post by chai95
Nice to meet you too (through the web)! Indeed I am a first year, im so excited, arn't you? :biggrin:

Yes! Very excited! :biggrin:
Hey you know anything about the course materials we have to buy? Or any reading book list? They haven't sent me any information about these things yet :s-smilie:
Reply 1557
Original post by Beta_C
Ah nice, did you get to visit the campus again? Actually were you there on the post offer day with the group tasks? It is so lovely though :smile:

Yeah, you can just walk on, there wasn't really anyone around but it was good to see it again. No, I couldn't make it as I had a design exam on the day which was annoying, did you go? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1558
Got into Newcastle! Anyone else?
Reply 1559
Anyone else got into Cardiff ? :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending