The Student Room Group

Wait to hear or apply anyway (retail)

I had an interview on Friday for retail work and was told that I'd hear back tomorrow either way

I've been continuing my job search since then and found another shop assistant role I can apply for. I was planning to go to the store tomorrow and hand in my application in person (as that's what it said to do on the Jobcentre website) so I'll be dressing smartly

The closing date is end of this week so shall I wait to hear back about the interview on Friday before applying for this role? I can always call them on Tuesday to ask if they don't get back to me tomorrow
Reply 1
Take every opportunity you get. You are not somehow bound by law or any other construct to any business, you can always turn down the less favourable job. I advise you to, especially in this job climate.
Reply 2
Original post by Gilgamesh
Take every opportunity you get. You are not somehow bound by law or any other construct to any business, you can always turn down the less favourable job. I advise you to, especially in this job climate.

thanks for that, I guess that I should just keep on applying and then I can pick the best job
Reply 3
Shall I ring up tomorrow and politely enquire about the outcome or is it too soon? They said they'd get back to me today either way about the interview I had and I haven't heard anything yet

This waiting game is getting to me :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending