The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I re-took units 2 and 3 in case I screw up on unit 6 (which I probably will do, its sooooo hard!!).

I already had two A's from when I took them in summer 2005, but I could pick up 36ums on these re-sits so I decided they were worth a shot.

Unit 2: Fairly easy, I did the 2nd questions. Optimistic about this one.

Unit 3: Another fairly easy one, although not as easy as unit 2, I did the 1st question. Hopefully might pick up a few extra ums on it.

All in all I expect to pick up about 15-20 extra ums from taking these re-sits, so hopefully it will be worth it!, as I need an A in this subject to get my uni offer.
Reply 2
Unit 1 was alright, could of done better if I'd actually revised.

Some people in our group weren't doing resits so they did Unit 2 while I did Unit 1 and they moved us after the first exam so people that did Unit 2 told me all the answers :redface:

and then unit 3 i wrote nothing to do with the question and sat there for 45mins eating sweets because I didn't have a clue :rolleyes:
Reply 3
i felt they went alright. i retook unit 1 from january which seemed a nicer paper, except i couldn't calculate the change in supply as a result of tax in one of the multiple choice questions.

it was my first shot at units 2 and 3. i did the first question in unit 2, which i thought went quite well. then unit 3 was harder than i thought it would be. The effect on the distribution of income came up in each question i did- which i didn't know how to answer! least it's over now!
Reply 4
I was so confident for ECONOMICS AS.. and I think I screwed up in all 3.
I mean I pass but I was confident of getting an A.
I loved economics, my mocks were fantastic, i was really familiar with all 3 units, having done lots of edexcel past papers ..
I've got to admit, I was shocked today, so were other people.
Reply 5
messed up. the qeustions were awful!
CRAP!!!

It was so hard!! Did anyone do the second question on Unit 3?? The last question - it wasn't even a real question, talk about vague!!!
andyms
I was so confident for ECONOMICS AS.. and I think I screwed up in all 3.
I mean I pass but I was confident of getting an A.
I loved economics, my mocks were fantastic, i was really familiar with all 3 units, having done lots of edexcel past papers ..
I've got to admit, I was shocked today, so were other people.

Exactly!
Reply 8
Unit 2 was HORRIBLE. Going to retake next January :frown:
Reply 9
shadowfax
Unit 2 was HORRIBLE. Going to retake next January :frown:

i cant take that risk after seeing how bad unit 2 and 3 were. maybe harder than other years but still cant belive that this exams was so bad
I re-took units 1 and 2, 1 went very well, quite easy I thought. Unit 2 argh I think I messed it up. I'll prob get a B or even C for unit 2, and that's a re-take! There is a slim chance I'll be an A, way to slim :frown:
Duck and Cover
CRAP!!!

It was so hard!! Did anyone do the second question on Unit 3?? The last question - it wasn't even a real question, talk about vague!!!

I know, the vaguest question ever. What changes were they referring to?
who put B for Unit 1 question 1? And also what was the answer to question 7 on the multiple choice i put w-z (A) apart from these two i think unit one was alright. Unit 2 was harder and more demanding as usual i did the wind power question and drew a positive externality diagram for question with 12 marks. hope i get an A but then unit 3 hmm talk about edexcel being vague .
Reply 13
i think module 1 and module 3 were ok. Module 1 was harder than normal and the last question for bS, It was a stupid question. I found module 3 pretty easy, probably made a few stupid mistakes but over all i think it was ok. can we start a dicussion on the asnwers.
Reply 14
Just to say I was talking to my friend who is redoing the year and this was his second shot at Unit 2 and 3, and he found it very hard, as did the rest of his year. Sorry guys, I think your victims of the last June and Jan exam being so easy. Hopefully the grade boundaries will be lower, best of luck.
Reply 15
i did units 1 , 2 and 3....unit wasnt too bad and would have been even better if i'd revised it....unit 2 i did the second question and i found it sooo hard and unit 3 was impossible....i attempted question 2 and i had not a clue what to write for the last part worth 15 marks.....up to now i still don't have a clue and i dnt know if i would have been able to answer that question open book because it didnt seem to relate anything specific.
:frown:
Reply 16
Dont worry about it people. I thought i'd get a D grade but came out with 90/90 for unit 2.
Reply 17
hahahaa^^^ how uneccescary. what a time to tell us that when we are all drowning our sorrows.
The questions were ridiculously hard for units 2 and 3, but the UMS marks will probably reflect this, I mean last year it was about 27 out of 40 to get an A and those papers were piss compared to these ones, so there will probably be a lot of cases similar to asianprodigy. Im still cacking myself about the results though.
Reply 19
didn't anyone here do edexcel as business studies..??
:frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending