The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by study beats
it has kinda disabled me if u think about it

i see people who are physically disabled, and those people can do some things in certain situations which i am unable to just because of my mental disorder :frown:

I know how you feel, I'm pretty sure I have OCD but I always convince myself not to go to the doctors because its a waste of their time. If it affects your life so much then it can be classed as a disability, I mean I've seen programs in the past where peoples OCD is that bad that they cannot physically leave their house.

But you have to remember that theres many different types of disability and sometimes the mental problems are the worst because they often go unnoticed.

As everyone else said if it affected you as badly as you say you must contact someone in your college and they'll contact the unis for you.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 81
shouldnt you have ticked that on the ucas application or had one of your referees put it down? but either way id email the unis not ucas... theyre just the middle man.
Reply 82
Original post by beccac94
I know how you feel, I'm pretty sure I have OCD but I always convince myself not to go to the doctors because its a waste of their time. If it affects your life so much then it can be classed as a disability, I mean I've seen programs in the past where peoples OCD is that bad that they cannot physically leave their house.

But you have to remember that theres many different types of disability and sometimes the mental problems are the worst because they often go unnoticed.

As everyone else said if it affected you as badly as you say you must contact someone in your college and they'll contact the unis for you.

my sixth form is closed, there is no one there what do i do now?

if i have to call in the university then i am kinda nervous
Reply 83
Original post by cl_steele
shouldnt you have ticked that on the ucas application or had one of your referees put it down? but either way id email the unis not ucas... theyre just the middle man.

what do i tell the uni?

i am nervous, i dont want them to think this guy is not being serious and they might get the wrong impression
Reply 84
my sixth form is closed, there is no one there what do i do now?

if i have to call in the university then i am kinda nervous

I'd just keep phoning a couple of times throughout the day because someone is bound to be in over the next few days...its the busiest time of year so someone will be there
Reply 85
I'd just keep phoning a couple of times throughout the day because someone is bound to be in over the next few days...its the busiest time of year so someone will be there

but why would i contact the sixth form?
Reply 86
but why would i contact the sixth form?

I give up you're obviously a troll because this question hasn't just been answered by me its been answered by lots of other people.
Reply 87
I give up you're obviously a troll because this question hasn't just been answered by me its been answered by lots of other people.

what? how does that mean i am a troll?

i am serious, why would i contact the sixth form? and no one answered this question....well actually no one told me to contact the sixth form apart from you, because in fact u actually need to contact the university directly...

so that makes u the ignorant one here doesnt it? maybe it even makes u a troll urself....so think again before putting such disgusting and hurtful accusations against me
Reply 88
what? how does that mean i am a troll?

i am serious, why would i contact the sixth form? and no one answered this question....well actually no one told me to contact the sixth form apart from you, because in fact u actually need to contact the university directly...

so that makes u the ignorant one here doesnt it? maybe it even makes u a troll urself....so think again before putting such disgusting and hurtful accusations against me

I wouldn't really say calling someone a troll a disgusting and hurtful accusation as you've already been called it by people already so I don't know why I'm the one being attacked here.

I just assumed that you would need to contact your sixth form because usually with these sorts of things they can sort it out for you and help you with added advice and things like that, which is there job. They'll also be able to phrase things better to unis than you might be able to do because they've made thousands of phone calls to unis ever year.

It sounds like you've already contacted the unis though and sorted it out yourself, so wish you all of the look in the future and good look on results day tomorrow :smile:
Reply 89
I wouldn't really say calling someone a troll a disgusting and hurtful accusation as you've already been called it by people already so I don't know why I'm the one being attacked here.

I just assumed that you would need to contact your sixth form because usually with these sorts of things they can sort it out for you and help you with added advice and things like that, which is there job. They'll also be able to phrase things better to unis than you might be able to do because they've made thousands of phone calls to unis ever year.

It sounds like you've already contacted the unis though and sorted it out yourself, so wish you all of the look in the future and good look on results day tomorrow :smile:

yes, but when those people label me as a "troll", they usually dont give a meaningless reason like you did, they just do it coz there ignorant..

sixth form is closed, so contacted the uni myself anwyay

thanks anyway
If this is even genuine your sixth form can verify that you're not dumb and you weren't late because you unnecessarily take too long to get ready and can say that even though you have stupidly left it until now to tell the uni that you might miss your offer, that you did have a genuine problem that affected your grades.

However, lateness will get you nowhere in university. I know someone who left for a 9AM exam at 6AM (it was an hour journey) but all trains were cancelled and he didn't get into the exam hall until 15 minutes before the end of the exam and he had 15 minutes to do his exam...

Quite frankly, if it takes you 4 hours to get ready, you wake up 5 hours before you need to leave. Before you say 'I don't understand' I have OCD.

Posted from TSR Mobile
OCD is not a disability, i do believe this thread belongs in the mental health section....

Any mental health problem can be seen as a disability if it is severe enough to cause you problems in your day to day life. I have OCD, Borderline Personality Disorder, anxiety and severe depression, and any one of those is a disability because they affect me on a daily basis, and change how I live my life.

You can either accept you have a disability, or stop using your OCD as an excuse, it works both ways.

I think so long as you can show enough evidence that this is what is going on, then the university make take this into account, but they will want to have some sort of guarantee that your disabilty will be managed while you are there.
Reply 92
Original post by FilmNerd1989
Any mental health problem can be seen as a disability if it is severe enough to cause you problems in your day to day life. I have OCD, Borderline Personality Disorder, anxiety and severe depression, and any one of those is a disability because they affect me on a daily basis, and change how I live my life.

You can either accept you have a disability, or stop using your OCD as an excuse, it works both ways.

I think so long as you can show enough evidence that this is what is going on, then the university make take this into account, but they will want to have some sort of guarantee that your disabilty will be managed while you are there.

ok. i have sent thr university the email, but they havent replied to confirm they got it?
Reply 93
Original post by LouiseOrd
If this is even genuine your sixth form can verify that you're not dumb and you weren't late because you unnecessarily take too long to get ready and can say that even though you have stupidly left it until now to tell the uni that you might miss your offer, that you did have a genuine problem that affected your grades.

However, lateness will get you nowhere in university. I know someone who left for a 9AM exam at 6AM (it was an hour journey) but all trains were cancelled and he didn't get into the exam hall until 15 minutes before the end of the exam and he had 15 minutes to do his exam...

Quite frankly, if it takes you 4 hours to get ready, you wake up 5 hours before you need to leave. Before you say 'I don't understand' I have OCD.

Posted from TSR Mobile

what are u on about? i dont get what ur saying?....i have all the medical proof here and the sixth form knows that i have this medical condition and they dont think i am late for no reason..

and i have extreme and severe OCD

and what exactly is ur type of OCD?
ok. i have sent thr university the email, but they havent replied to confirm they got it?

Dude, Universities are rushed off their feet with everything they need to do at the minute - if they confirmed every piece of information they received they would never get everything done!

If you are that worried, leave it a week then call them.
what are u on about? i dont get what ur saying?....i have all the medical proof here and the sixth form knows that i have this medical condition and they dont think i am late for no reason..

and i have extreme and severe OCD

and what exactly is ur type of OCD?

You asked why you would contact sixth form and then complained when no one gave you a direct answer, that was a direct answer. Let me put it clearer, if you don't understand this then you shouldn't be going to university: THEY CAN HELP YOU.

I had extreme OCD concerning balance, order and hygiene, I also have social anxiety, paired with a history of eating disorders and depression. Post-therapy (which I had during first year) I'm better.

Posted from TSR Mobile
You asked why you would contact sixth form and then complained when no one gave you a direct answer, that was a direct answer. Let me put it clearer, if you don't understand this then you shouldn't be going to university: THEY CAN HELP YOU.

I had extreme OCD concerning balance, order and hygiene, I also have social anxiety, paired with a history of eating disorders and depression. Post-therapy (which I had during first year) I'm better.

Posted from TSR Mobile

To be honest, I don't think the OP has a cat in hells chance of going to a Uni that wants 300 UCAS points - they don't come off as very smart, and I think they are now using their OCD as an excuse for poor grades to get into a competitive course they wouldn't usually be able to get on to. Someone capable of producing the 300 UCAS points required for engineering should be able to grasp the very basic concepts that we have explained to him. I hope OP is a troll, else he is deluded, and hides behind a barrage of angry outbursts and takes offence at things that are common sense to the rest of us.
Reply 97
Dude, Universities are rushed off their feet with everything they need to do at the minute - if they confirmed every piece of information they received they would never get everything done!

If you are that worried, leave it a week then call them.

a week? the results tommorow
Reply 98
To be honest, I don't think the OP has a cat in hells chance of going to a Uni that wants 300 UCAS points - they don't come off as very smart, and I think they are now using their OCD as an excuse for poor grades to get into a competitive course they wouldn't usually be able to get on to. Someone capable of producing the 300 UCAS points required for engineering should be able to grasp the very basic concepts that we have explained to him. I hope OP is a troll, else he is deluded, and hides behind a barrage of angry outbursts and takes offence at things that are common sense to the rest of us.

right..... u think i am using my OCD as an excuse? wow........and no, the only reason i didnt understand her was because of her poor grammar...

why dont u come to my house, meet my parents, meet my doctors, meet my therapists, meet my teachers, see my medical proof and come look at my disastrous life because of this mental disorder

i am giving u full permission to come now to my house if u think i am making an excuse, i dare u to...
Reply 99

Posted from TSR Mobile

well the sixth form is closed -.-

and how did ur OCD and all these problems get better?

Latest