The Student Room Group
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website

Any non-drinkers?

Hey, anyone out there who is already at, or going to Lincoln uni who doesn't drink?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by NemoPup
Hey, anyone out there who is already at, or going to Lincoln uni who doesn't drink?

Going into 2nd year in September. I don't refuse to drink but in my 1st year I only went out drinking around 3 times and don't partake in drinking regularly.

There are some who don't drink at all, or often. Why do you ask?
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website
Reply 2
Because during my first year I ended up leaving a sports club because I was told 'if you don't drink there is no point you being here.'
I never get invited to any social my class has because they know I don't drink. And I have been out a couple time with drinkers, but I didn't feel like I was part of the convo. So I was just wondering if there was anyone else out there who didn't feel like they had to drink to have fun.
Reply 3
I'm starting this september and I personally don't drink, like I'll ocassionally drink a bit at someones birthday or newyears or something like that but even then I don't drink much. So you're not alone buddy =D. My opinion on drinking is that, most of the stuff ppl like to drink tastes nasty and I get sick from beer soooo yeeeee.... =D
Reply 4
Original post by CilveksHSL
I'm starting this september and I personally don't drink, like I'll ocassionally drink a bit at someones birthday or newyears or something like that but even then I don't drink much. So you're not alone buddy =D. My opinion on drinking is that, most of the stuff ppl like to drink tastes nasty and I get sick from beer soooo yeeeee.... =D

What are you studying?
Reply 5
I'm going to study games computing =D. What about you? I assume It's sports related, but I could be wrong :tongue:
Reply 6
I occasionally have a small drink at new year but other than that I don't drink at all just because of the fact I don't like it. When I used to be in college, people would have a go at me because I wouldnt go out and get totally off my face but at the end of the day, if someone wants to be your friend or you want to be in a sports team then people shouldn't care if you drink or not, plus the fact I dont get the concept of why people go out just to get out of their face drunk but hey ho that's their decision. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by CilveksHSL
I'm going to study games computing =D. What about you? I assume It's sports related, but I could be wrong :tongue:

Totally wrong haha, Product design.
Reply 8
Original post by NemoPup
Totally wrong haha, Product design.

Atleast I tried xD
Reply 9
Probably my biggest worry (no doubt the first of several) about starting Uni is the fact that I don't drink or go clubbing. Admittedly that could be down to a behavioral problem I have but the idea of drinking till I puke in a techno music coffin doesn't appeal to me haha. I don't mind chilling out with friends at the pub though so you're not alone. :smile:
Original post by CptHooke
techno music coffin

Haha! Love it! I drink a little, but only if it tastes nice (so there isn't much choice..) I'm worried about what I will do on the freshers nights where the events don't appeal to me :s-smilie:
I don't want to be the one alone in her dorm when everyone else wants to get sweaty to DJ cool or whatever :L
Reply 11
Original post by charlieguava
Haha! Love it! I drink a little, but only if it tastes nice (so there isn't much choice..) I'm worried about what I will do on the freshers nights where the events don't appeal to me :s-smilie:
I don't want to be the one alone in her dorm when everyone else wants to get sweaty to DJ cool or whatever :L

Well last year there were things like bowling during the evening and things like that. Or you can go to Playzone on a Tuesday evening with a few people and just have childlike fun! I did a lot of stuff during the day and just relaxed at home during the evening.
Reply 12

I've seen a couple of 'calmer' events like a quiz night and a music gig. I'm sure if you were in that position where you were on your own, you could walk around and find people or post on the Lincoln Uni Facebook group (or whatever Uni you end up going to) and talk or meet up with someone.
'Playzone' sounds fun :P I shall just hope there's alot to do in the day and some good music on the night I am out :smile:

I dont like the look of freshers either im not into the music. Can you go to the quiz and uv party without going to see dj fresh? Im so confused... Do you have to pay for the quiz and uv party?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes you can pay for any event at the door. You can get wristbands that cover you for the whole week but they wont be worth it if there's a couple nights you dont want to go to :smile:
Reply 16
haha im a bit late for this thread but never mind. i dont mind drinking but i wouldnt be the one to choose it for a night out. i got the gold wristband which involves the dj events and stuff simply because of the socializing thing and like in case i make friends with anyone who likes that kind of thing. but yeah i wont be making a habit of that. if i meet with anyone that isnt bothered about drinking and clubbing etc then i will have no problem staying behind and chilling with them instead :smile:
im just annoyed that i missed out on tickets for the quiz night! :frown:
Original post by Dais1995
haha im a bit late for this thread but never mind. i dont mind drinking but i wouldnt be the one to choose it for a night out. i got the gold wristband which involves the dj events and stuff simply because of the socializing thing and like in case i make friends with anyone who likes that kind of thing. but yeah i wont be making a habit of that. if i meet with anyone that isnt bothered about drinking and clubbing etc then i will have no problem staying behind and chilling with them instead :smile:
im just annoyed that i missed out on tickets for the quiz night! :frown:

Hey, I see you missed out on quiz nite too! The tickets must have gone like a flash I am gutted :-( I did email the people asking if they were gonna sell anymore but I highly doubt it lol! Have to make our own quiz nite dammit! Haha B-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
I don't drink either! That is possibly my biggest worry because I don't want to be lonely and in the corner haha but I've managed fine all through school not drinking and still going out etc so I hope it won't affect me at uni? But I am pretty worried since everybody says that freshers is a week where your drunk the whole time.... Also about the tickets to places, I read somewhere that they sell tickets for lots of the events on the door so it doesn't matter if you get them early? Anyone know if that's right?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey! I'm starting this year too, and I'm also not a drinker! I don't really see how it enhances a night, I've had loads of good nights outs, even having little or nothing to drink! It doesn't worry me because I don't need to get drunk when I'm determined to have a good time! So I wouldn't worry!

Quick Reply

Latest