The Student Room Group
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

London college of fashion BA fashion photography

Scroll to see replies

Basically just that you get little to no tutor time, the student satisfaction rate is really really low!
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
Reply 81
Heeeey, sorry i know i'm going a little bit off of topic but just wondered if anyone could help me with a query!
Planning to apply next year, but just wondered out of those who got an offer, who did art foundation? When i went to school in London, i remember it was very common for people to do it, but i moved away a few years back and now it's my time to apply (well almost), i've lost touch with the english education system!
My question is, is worth me applying without foundation? I have a fair bit of related experience, and i'm forever developing my portfoilo haha! Or will they just turn me down straight away?
ANY ANY ADVICE, would be most welcome, i'm so lost and i know i still have a while before applying but i figured it was best to ask now while the process is still fresh!!!
CONGRATS ON ALL YOUR OFFERS BTW, should be proud :smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 82
Original post by Lisaray111
Heeeey, sorry i know i'm going a little bit off of topic but just wondered if anyone could help me with a query!
Planning to apply next year, but just wondered out of those who got an offer, who did art foundation? When i went to school in London, i remember it was very common for people to do it, but i moved away a few years back and now it's my time to apply (well almost), i've lost touch with the english education system!
My question is, is worth me applying without foundation? I have a fair bit of related experience, and i'm forever developing my portfoilo haha! Or will they just turn me down straight away?
ANY ANY ADVICE, would be most welcome, i'm so lost and i know i still have a while before applying but i figured it was best to ask now while the process is still fresh!!!
CONGRATS ON ALL YOUR OFFERS BTW, should be proud :smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile:
Hi Lisa! I got in this year (YAY!) and I did an art foundation. However I'm pretty sure I spoke to someone who got in and didn't do an art foundation? All I can say is they seemed really interested in all my arty sketchbook work and I think it Is really important to take this kind of thing. Doing an art foundation was really useful for me and I would recommend it to anyone, but I don't think its essential for getting in. You could spend that time (And money) on just improving your portfolio to the highest standard possible :smile: Hope this is helpful!
I got in without foundation, but I think it depends on your portfolio (including reaserches and sketchbooks what is very helpful)
Reply 84
Guys I've got my offer!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
anyone else as excited for september?
Original post by holly_111
anyone else as excited for september?

Super excited!!!! I'm going to look at accommodation today :-)
Anyone who hasn't already add me on fb! Emma Marsden-hill :-) we have a Facebook chat going for anyone who is doing BA Fashion photography for the sept 2014 intake! :-)
Hey! Any FB group for Freshmen´s yet?

Anyone looking for a roommate?
Guys, I've seen all your portfolios one by one, and now I'm really afraid because I'm dying to apply for Fashion Photography in this college and I barely have few to zero experience in fashion photography. I am a spaniard who is planning to move to London by the end of the next year (currently living in Greece), but I find it very difficult to do some serious jobs because in the place where I come from in Spain people don't take it seriously and don't give any oppotunity to non experienced artists. I have done a degree in audiovisual technical direction, but found out that I want to spend my time into fashion photography. Can I get any advice from you, how to start my own fashion photography portfolio so I can show to them when I apply for the course? (I barely understand the English educational system)

Thanks a lot and I'm very happy that you got into the university.

Cheers!
Guys, I've seen all your portfolios one by one, and now I'm really afraid because I'm dying to apply for Fashion Photography in this college and I barely have few to zero experience in fashion photography. I am a spaniard who is planning to move to London by the end of the next year (currently living in Greece), but I find it very difficult to do some serious jobs because in the place where I come from in Spain people don't take it seriously and don't give any oppotunity to non experienced artists. I have done a degree in audiovisual technical direction, but found out that I want to spend my time into fashion photography. Can I get any advice from you, how to start my own fashion photography portfolio so I can show to them when I apply for the course? (I barely understand the English educational system)

Thanks a lot and I'm very happy that you got into the university.

Cheers!
Hello, I am applying for Fashion Photography at LCF for intake in September 2015. I was wondering if anybody could tell me/give me advice on what to put in my portfolio and what to expect at interview (what questions did you get asked, where you comfortable in the interview or was it really daunting) I am currently doing a Foundation Diploma in Art and Design and making my portfolio. Any advice would be much appreciated!!!!

Thanks,
Holly.
Reply 92
Original post by Hollymaykc10
Hello, I am applying for Fashion Photography at LCF for intake in September 2015. I was wondering if anybody could tell me/give me advice on what to put in my portfolio and what to expect at interview (what questions did you get asked, where you comfortable in the interview or was it really daunting) I am currently doing a Foundation Diploma in Art and Design and making my portfolio. Any advice would be much appreciated!!!!

Thanks,
Holly.

I've applied for Fashion Photography this year too! I got an email yesterday asking me to send them a digital portfolio, and I'm so nervous as LCF is my top choice! This is what I've got so far in my portfolio if that'll help, haha! http://palelap.com
I applied this year too. So nervous. Sent them my portfolio Like two weeks ago http://flic.kr/p/qw9jpM

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got offer! Cheers!
Reply 95
You didn't have an interview? :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
nope. you can see my portfolio here - https://www.flickr.com/photos/62024180@N07/ // www.filipss.lv
Reply 97
has anyone got their interview for LCF tomorrow, everyone I've spoken to has theirs on the 25th :?
I had my interview today. I wasn't as impressed as I was on the open day. There were 2 tutors interviewing and one of them basically said that you get no contact time in your first and second year and your practically left to your own devices... I was really put off!!
Original post by Hollymaykc10
I had my interview today. I wasn't as impressed as I was on the open day. There were 2 tutors interviewing and one of them basically said that you get no contact time in your first and second year and your practically left to your own devices... I was really put off!!

My tutors are the same now. My interview for this course is tomorrow :smile: i am really excited but curious to what was in your portfolio ? X

Quick Reply

Latest