The Student Room Group

HKU BBA(Law) vs HKUST Global Business?

Hey all! I have offers from both :smile:

Anyone know which I should choose?

I'm curious about Law, but then again, if I do Global Business I can always do another law degree afterwards, at the cost of an extra year...

Which has better job placement etc?
JD is a two year course dude
Reply 2
Thanks man, but I knew that. I meant one year longer vis-a-vis the BBA(Law) route. 5 years for BBA(Law). One extra year(6 years) for 4yr Global Biz + 2yr JD.
Reply 3
Firstly, congratulations!

My 2 cents: I would choose to do HKU BBA(Law), unless you are absolutely positive, without a slightest doubt that law is something that you would like to pursue as a course for personal enrichment and you have no intention in practising it. The beauty of this course is, as so I heard, you may take a year or two out once you are done with your BBA prior to commencing your LLB. Should you decide not to pursue the LLB, i assume you may just terminate at stage of BBA.
Reply 4
ppl do you mind having a look at my results and tell me if it's safe to apply to HKUST's math course(or maybe math and econ course)

SAT 2000 CR 600 Math 800 Writing 600 essay 10
Toefl 110
STEP1 S certificate
SAT2 Math 2 800 Chemistry 800 Physics 800
and a bit of extra curricular stuff like soccer team & community service& internship
IB(Math HL 7 Physics HL 7 Eco HL 7 Computer Science HL 7 English SL 5 Chinese A1 SL 6 )

btw i'm applying this year :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 5
In terms of job placement, I think the two don't make a huge difference. For your information, I applied for BBA (Law) in the 2013 cycle, because of its solid grounding that it can provide. For me, Global Business is too 'vague'.
Reply 6
Original post by lifeisgood.
Hey all! I have offers from both :smile:

Anyone know which I should choose?

I'm curious about Law, but then again, if I do Global Business I can always do another law degree afterwards, at the cost of an extra year...

Which has better job placement etc?

Hi! Do you mind telling me what're the offers from these two courses?
Thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending