The Student Room Group

Junior Buyer Role Help

Hi, I have a presentation interview tomorrow discussing the role I'm applying for (Junior Buyer)
I've done the slideshow and revised, yet I came upon a big flaw.

Who are the Junior Buyer's customers?
I know they buy goods from companies, but does this mean they're customers? Because they're not actually buying from the company, they're just selling us stuff.

I have 'customer satisfaction' down as a point to what a successful purchasing department must adhere to.

Thanks.
Reply 1
Your customers are the same customers as the organizations customers, no?

If you're a buyer for Mothers World, your customers are, um, moms.
If you're a buyer for PC World, your customers are consumers who want to buy desktops/laptops/peripherals/etc.
Reply 2
True, however how would I as a Junior Buyer help to keep high levels of customer satisfaction?

Would an example be, negotiating lower prices in order to give customers a good competitive price?
Original post by Lee95
True, however how would I as a Junior Buyer help to keep high levels of customer satisfaction?

Would an example be, negotiating lower prices in order to give customers a good competitive price?

Yes that would be one thing.

Also ensuring you offer the customer choice with a range of different products, making sure your products are of satisfactory quality etc.

What kind of company is it?
Reply 4
Original post by Lee95

I'm not too sure of the buyer role, but maybe write about 1) being one of the first contact for suppliers, you'll be responsible for upholding the company's values and interest, and 2) satisfy both the suppliers and internal customers, which would then ensure long-term partnership between the 2 parties, and hence, improve external customer satisfaction.
Reply 5
That's enough info. Thanks alot for responding. :smile:
Reply 6
Wasn't me that negged...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending