Hello! Haha :smile:
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website
Reply 21
Original post by Nicole.Y
Hello! Haha :smile:

Hello, ha this is weird. :smile: What course are you doing?
Reply 22
Original post by RainJayne
Hello, ha this is weird. :smile: What course are you doing?

Hehe! biomedical sciences. How about you? :smile:
Reply 23
Hehe! biomedical sciences. How about you? :smile:

Ooh nice! :smile: I'm doing Fine Art, haven't found many others doing my course yet! Where abouts are you from? Did you have chance to look around St Mary's at an open day or anything?
Reply 24
Ooh nice! :smile: I'm doing Fine Art, haven't found many others doing my course yet! Where abouts are you from? Did you have chance to look around St Mary's at an open day or anything?

Thats cool! I havent known anyone doing Fine Arts :biggrin: You shall be the first! heehee. oh, I am actually an international student, so I havent been to Newcastle yet. haha! I got all the accommodation info from the school's web :/

You? Did you managed to look around there? :biggrin:
Reply 25
Thats cool! I havent known anyone doing Fine Arts :biggrin: You shall be the first! heehee. oh, I am actually an international student, so I havent been to Newcastle yet. haha! I got all the accommodation info from the school's web :/

You? Did you managed to look around there? :biggrin:

Haha, I'm honoured! :biggrin: Oh cool! I bet that's a bit daunting though, how far away are you?

I'm from a small town just south of Sheffield, so about 2 and a half hours on the train. I've been up to look around a few times, my cousin went to Newcastle University and I just completely fell in love with it when I was about 14 haha. :smile:

St Mary's was really nice, particularly the refurbished flats and I love that it has a common room.
When we went to look around we went into a kitchen and there was a guy dressed all in white sat cross legged on the counter top eating rice quietly, he didn't even acknowledge that 12 people had just walked into his kitchen haha!
Reply 26
Haha, I'm honoured! :biggrin: Oh cool! I bet that's a bit daunting though, how far away are you?

I'm from a small town just south of Sheffield, so about 2 and a half hours on the train. I've been up to look around a few times, my cousin went to Newcastle University and I just completely fell in love with it when I was about 14 haha. :smile:

St Mary's was really nice, particularly the refurbished flats and I love that it has a common room.
When we went to look around we went into a kitchen and there was a guy dressed all in white sat cross legged on the counter top eating rice quietly, he didn't even acknowledge that 12 people had just walked into his kitchen haha!

lol, why was that guy so oblivious to his surrounding? hahaha! I am from Singapore!! Heard of this country? :p:p Yeah, been hearing lots of nice words about St Mary's but the only disadvantage is that it's quite far from campus :eek: How do you intend to go to school? by bus or foot?

When will you be moving in? Oh man, I'm too excited for Sept! :biggrin:
Reply 27
Hey all, am Darlton..............Flat B, got the offer today. From all i've found out, St Mary's all good save for the distance. Well every probz got a solution. R my flat mates in here?????
Reply 28
lol, why was that guy so oblivious to his surrounding? hahaha! I am from Singapore!! Heard of this country? :p:p Yeah, been hearing lots of nice words about St Mary's but the only disadvantage is that it's quite far from campus :eek: How do you intend to go to school? by bus or foot?

When will you be moving in? Oh man, I'm too excited for Sept! :biggrin:

I have no idea, but it made me laugh! :biggrin:
Oh my gosh, that's half way around the world! Definitely longer than the few hours it takes me on a train, I can see why you didn't make it to an open day! :tongue:
It's not too far, definitely walkable but I usually walk everywhere anyway. There is a free bus to and from the campus in a morning and evening, so I will probably get those if I need to be in quite early (or if I oversleep).

Also I move in on the 22nd of September, the very last move in date! Do international students move in a bit sooner? I'm so excited too!!
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 29
I have no idea, but it made me laugh! :biggrin:
Oh my gosh, that's half way around the world! Definitely longer than the few hours it takes me on a train, I can see why you didn't make it to an open day! :tongue:
It's not too far, definitely walkable but I usually walk everywhere anyway. There is a free bus to and from the campus in a morning and evening, so I will probably get those if I need to be in quite early (or if I oversleep).

Also I move in on the 22nd of September, the very last move in date! Do international students move in a bit sooner? I'm so excited too!!

yes! half way around the world!!! hahaha! Thanks for the info about the area :smile: I think I will do the same as you. :tongue:

yup! We can move in a few days earlier to attend the orientation! I'll be reaching Newcastle on the 17th!:biggrin: So, I'll see you there! Since we stay in Flat 17 :smile::smile: Can't wait!
Reply 30
yes! half way around the world!!! hahaha! Thanks for the info about the area :smile: I think I will do the same as you. :tongue:

yup! We can move in a few days earlier to attend the orientation! I'll be reaching Newcastle on the 17th!:biggrin: So, I'll see you there! Since we stay in Flat 17 :smile::smile: Can't wait!

Cool, It's all so exciting haha! looking forward to meeting you :biggrin:
Reply 31
I'm flat 40 room 6 :smile:
Reply 32
Hi all, i'm Simon and i'm going to be in Flat B. Hopefully see some of you around. :smile:
Reply 33
just so everyone knows, they've made a facebook group for St Mary's College 2013 freshers :smile:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/555910084445825/?fref=ts
Reply 34
Mine is Flat 17!!!

Hi there!
I'm in flat 18 :-). I'm not sure if that's next to you or above you :-D, but I'm pretty sure I'm your neighbour ;-)
Reply 35
just so everyone knows, they've made a facebook group for St Mary's College 2013 freshers :smile:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/555910084445825/?fref=ts

Hey thanks :biggrin: hahaha
Reply 36
Original post by bahjat93
Hi there!
I'm in flat 18 :-). I'm not sure if that's next to you or above you :-D, but I'm pretty sure I'm your neighbour ;-)

Hello neighbour! haha I am also not sure of how the arrangement of the hall is like. havent been to the place :tongue: but definitely will get to see you :biggrin:
Reply 37
I'm room 1, flat 10! Anyone else in or nearby? Yet to accept my offer for it though!
Reply 38
I made an absolute mess of my accommodation, first placed in Central Link, then realised it will be a struggle to afford anything, as well as being known to be very hotel-like/unsociable, so I panicked, and rang up and now have an offer for St Mary's instead! The only thing is I'm panicking about if I made the wrong choice or not? At £118.50 a week Central is extortionate haha! I don't mind getting a bus to/from uni at St Mary's but it's the social perspective I'm worried about, what are others opinion of it having this accomodation? My offer is now flat 54, room 4! Anybody thought about trying to arrange somewhere private? :smile: EDIT: I just spoke to a rep and they said they had been at St Mary's and it was great, not isolated and there are buses to all the freshers events etc so I'm a lot happier now :biggrin:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 39
I got offered flat 16 :smile:

I'm from Northern Ireland so I'm not too sure how similar/different transportation will be like in Newcastle. Would anyone know if there's any deals that bus companies might have for students? Like maybe a discount or a bus card which will be slightly cheaper? Or even a day ticket and how roughly that would cost?

:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending