The Student Room Group

RAF supplier application

Scroll to see replies

You have a set of competencies that you must work through in your first couple of years in the Trade. You will be regularly moved around your Squadron over the first couple of years and work in different sections in order to achieve these. Once you get to SAC you tend to spend longer in a role.
Reply 21
did they check you for colour blindness
Reply 22
Yeah I was checked, I'm cp4 and they didn't even bat an eyelid

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 23
Think i saw that you were from Lincoln somewhere on here rhys mayes? me as well. haha you got a long way in the application process quite quickly. I had my AST in october, had to wait about 2 weeks for an interview then about 4 weeks for my medical just before xmas when the AFCO closed so couldnt do my fitness test until 2 weeks ago haha.

still not heard anything about my potential dates or anything yet.
Original post by Rhys_Mayes
UPDATE : 28/11/13

Just got back from my interview which I have passed with flying colours!the Interview questions where very standard...

Looked at things such as

What happens at Halton

What bases do we have and what aircraft do we have there! - you want to know bases outside off the county you live...

What does a supplier do/what is the role of a supplier.

Attitudes towards armed conflict and drugs

I was asked nothing to tedious and managed to answer all questions!
I was sent away for 20 mins and told to have a coffee. When I went back I had a 5 minute debrief, where I was told I had passed and what happens next.

Filling out my DVA forms now (boring) and I have just received my email about my medical which is a lot sooner than I expected.... I'm due to have it in Cambridge next Wednesday, so that's in 6 days time! Cambridge is abit off a journey from here but I'm really lucky to have it come through so quickly! If anybody wants to ask any questions about the interview, feel free to comment

Rhys

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 24
I'm actually from Boston mate, Lincoln is my local AFCO and I've heard nothing back about my 2nd med although they told me to expect to this week. After that the ball should start rolling quickly.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks for the info prostacker , sounds like a bit of a trip for you Rhys from Boston to Lincoln for your AFCO .
Reply 26
Iv applied as a mover! Sent my application off just over a week ago! Can anyone give me information on the whole process? Thanks :smile:
Original post by macca1992
Iv applied as a mover! Sent my application off just over a week ago! Can anyone give me information on the whole process? Thanks :smile:

Hi macca,
You will be contacted by your local afco around 14-28 days after you send your application off online , they will invite you to watch a presentation and sit your airman se!lection test , this will take 2-3 hours. If you passed this test , afco will give you a date for the filter Interview (mine was 5 days after ast). After this you will have to do a full medical examination , eyes and ear test and some joint tests , one declared medically fit you will need to pass the pre joining fitness test , you can find details of what your gender and age group on the raf careers webpage , after this you will go to raf Halton for a 4 day programming known as prtc .You will do another fitness test and sit level 1 fictional skills as you are a mover , another interview after this known as a 308 interview, this is where your offered a contract and you will be interviewed by an officer and that's it . Hope I've helped , if you want any more details I'm happy to help as I'm at the stage of the 308 interview.:smile:
Reply 28
Original post by mrflintovski
Hi macca,
You will be contacted by your local afco around 14-28 days after you send your application off online , they will invite you to watch a presentation and sit your airman se!lection test , this will take 2-3 hours. If you passed this test , afco will give you a date for the filter Interview (mine was 5 days after ast). After this you will have to do a full medical examination , eyes and ear test and some joint tests , one declared medically fit you will need to pass the pre joining fitness test , you can find details of what your gender and age group on the raf careers webpage , after this you will go to raf Halton for a 4 day programming known as prtc .You will do another fitness test and sit level 1 fictional skills as you are a mover , another interview after this known as a 308 interview, this is where your offered a contract and you will be interviewed by an officer and that's it . Hope I've helped , if you want any more details I'm happy to help as I'm at the stage of the 308 interview.:smile:

Thank you so much! Did you apply as a mover too? Fingers crossed i hear back soon! Will update :smile:
Thank you so much! Did you apply as a mover too? Fingers crossed i hear back soon! Will update :smile:

I originally went for aerospace but my medical found out I was colour blind :frown: , so I applied to become a supplier , you picked a good trade though , being a mover is incredibly varied, so to is supply .
Reply 30
Original post by mrflintovski
I originally went for aerospace but my medical found out I was colour blind :frown: , so I applied to become a supplier , you picked a good trade though , being a mover is incredibly varied, so to is supply .

Ah sorry to hear that :frown: do you think itll be quicker for me as there recruiting movers? So good to find people in mu situation!! :smile:
Ah sorry to hear that :frown: do you think itll be quicker for me as there recruiting movers? So good to find people in mu situation!! :smile:

You will move through the process pretty quick , also they have just started recruiting movers since early December so not many people have applied for the role but that's only a guess , when I was on prtc I knew some that went through the process in 2 months , mostly suppliers as we are in high demand , but others have waited 18 months as they want to be engineers.
Reply 32
Ah i see! So how did you find the aplitude tests etc?
Ah i see! So how did you find the aplitude tests etc?

Its nothing too hard , don't worry too much . Its all about your work rate , numeracy and English skills and a memory test ,that's it really. While our tests were being marked we had to watch an hour long presentation
Reply 34
Oh really? Thats not too bad :smile:
Oh really? Thats not too bad :smile:

Even if you fail , you can try again in 6 weeks . But don't think like that :smile:
Reply 36
Mover is an odd trade, but I understand the application goes through quite quickly for that. Not as quick as say SEF or supplier but still....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 37
Why is a mover an odd trade? Yeah i heard it could take at least a year to join!
Why is a mover an odd trade? Yeah i heard it could take at least a year to join!

Its odd because one minute , you could be check in staff , the next you might be packing helicopters in a Hercules , a lot of your work is intwined with us suppliers , still a damn good trade though , anything in logistics and you will have good civvie prospects . :smile:
Reply 39
My they work with each other, as a supplier you can actually work as a mover, they give you training etc

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest