The Student Room Group

Maintenance Grant

Hi guys,

I've currently just finished the second year of my degree and received around £1100 maintenance grant for my second year of the course. My parents combined income was around £32k. I did not receive any maintenance grant for some reason for the first year of my course even though I sent PFF2 forms for both of my parents and supplied evidence of both of their incomes which combined to make £37k. I rang earlier on in the year and the advisor said that I was above the threshold and to continue further I had to get one of my parents to ring up, but I definitely was not as I've just found both my parents p60s for year 2009-2010 and they combine to make £37k. Is it too late to receive the maintenance grant from first year? I really need the money to pay this years accommodation as I am on a 12 month let :frown: Is £37k above the threshold?!

Thanks!
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by AmmarTheWinrar
Hi guys,

I've currently just finished the second year of my degree and received around £1100 maintenance grant for my second year of the course. My parents combined income was around £32k. I did not receive any maintenance grant for some reason for the first year of my course even though I sent PFF2 forms for both of my parents and supplied evidence of both of their incomes which combined to make £37k. I rang earlier on in the year and the advisor said that I was above the threshold and to continue further I had to get one of my parents to ring up, but I definitely was not as I've just found both my parents p60s for year 2009-2010 and they combine to make £37k. Is it too late to receive the maintenance grant from first year? I really need the money to pay this years accommodation as I am on a 12 month let :frown: Is £37k above the threshold?!

Thanks!

I think you need to phone student finance but don't bank on it. The threshold for a grant under the old £3k fee system is £50k and under the £9k fee system is £42k so you should have recieved one either way.
Reply 2
Original post by jelly1000
I think you need to phone student finance but don't bank on it. The threshold for a grant under the old £3k fee system is £50k and under the £9k fee system is £42k so you should have recieved one either way.

Just rang and I've been told I can't reapply for a grant if it is 9 months after the course has started. I'm quite upset as I rang time and time again last year but they didn't seem to help and now that they want to it's too late?!
Reply 3
Original post by AmmarTheWinrar
Just rang and I've been told I can't reapply for a grant if it is 9 months after the course has started. I'm quite upset as I rang time and time again last year but they didn't seem to help and now that they want to it's too late?!

yeah thats why i said dont bank on it. unfortunatley if student finance cock up you have to be persistant.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending