The Student Room Group

Laser Hair Removal

I want to get full body laser hair removal, but will settle for legs to start. It's going to cost at least £2,000. Has anyone done this? What was it like? Would you recommend it or not? Also, how the hell do you pay for it?! Can you pay monthly? Cause I could do that but I can't pay for it up front I don't think..
Yeah that's what I'm going for. I have really sensitive skin and I'm sick of shaving it makes my legs red and I dislike it. Plus this'll be cheaper long run! :rofl:
Ouch hair removal in the 'buttock crease'? That doesnt sound too enjoyable lol

Couldn't you just buy like a cream or something?
Original post by Phoebe Buffay
Ouch hair removal in the 'buttock crease'? That doesnt sound too enjoyable lol

Couldn't you just buy like a cream or something?

I dislike having to constantly shave or remove hair, I'd rather just get rid of it. I didn't notice the buttock crease bit tho :rofl:
That is a really good deal, I'm looking at the website. Normally it's like £1,000 just for legs so that's really good! :biggrin:
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
I want to get full body laser hair removal, but will settle for legs to start. It's going to cost at least £2,000. Has anyone done this? What was it like? Would you recommend it or not? Also, how the hell do you pay for it?! Can you pay monthly? Cause I could do that but I can't pay for it up front I don't think..

Have you considered buying a laser hair removal machine? It would save you a lot of money x
Original post by Funkyhouse
Have you considered buying a laser hair removal machine? It would save you a lot of money x

I'm thinking about it. Are they as good as others?

Sorry can't say from experience but shop around on Argos, boots etc or type in stuff like 'best laser hair removal' and check out the reviews, definitely worth doing this first then spending £1000-£2000 when u can get a good quality machine for under £500 :smile:
Reply 8
i have now got images of peter dinklage getting a full body hair removal
Reply 9
Friend of my mine bought a home laser system thing, she loves it.

Think it cost about £200, so a lot less than the £2000 quoted!

I'll find out where she got it, but I'm sure you can search the net...
Reply 10
Original post by Davina H

I'll find out where she got it, but I'm sure you can search the net...

Not sure I'm allowed to put a link in here, but BFF said she got it from hairremovalsecrets.net

laser, hurts a lot? I heard the strong hair is, the more it is painful.
photon and another physical medical method, sorry I forget, are better, but more expensive.
(edited 10 years ago)
It is ****ing painful. I would recommend but it hurts a lot and doesn't last (unless you do it yearly). I got my legs and armpits done. The woman did 6 sessions within a year; after the 6th session, little to no hair grew which was amazing. However, I was supposed to carry on by doing 1-3 sessions each year, which I haven't because it ****ing hurts, so now my hair grows, but not as much as it used to (it's been 3 years since I've done it).

Regarding the pain, oh god it's horrible. It feels like you are being injected by a thousand needles every second. The most pain is when the laser is against a boney part of your body (i.e ankle/knee). I found it unbearable, which is why I stopped doing it. However, I've heard that not everyone* goes through the same pain, so I don't know.

*I'm an Arab, so I genetically have thick hair. Maybe that's why it hurt me more than others? :dontknow:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by euphrosyne
It is ****ing painful. I would recommend but it hurts a lot and doesn't last (unless you do it yearly). I got my legs and armpits done. The woman did 6 sessions within a year; after the 6th session, little to no hair grew which was amazing. However, I was supposed to carry on by doing 1-3 sessions each year, which I haven't because it ****ing hurts, so now my hair grows, but not as much as it used to (it's been 3 years since I've done it).

Regarding the pain, oh god it's horrible. It feels like you are being injected by a thousand needles every second. The most pain is when the laser is against a boney part of your body (i.e ankle/knee). I found it unbearable, which is why I stopped doing it. However, I've heard that not everyone* goes through the same pain, so I don't know.

*I'm an Arab, so I genetically have thick hair. Maybe that's why it hurt me more than others? :dontknow:

I thought it wasn't painful! Maybe I will stick to waxing. It's stopped growing since waxing which is good

I have genetically thick hair too, so it will probably hurt. I think it's common if you have dark hair?

Quick Reply

Latest