The Student Room Group

Mr/Miss Right is a myth...

Scroll to see replies

And yet people fall (and stay) in love all the time! I know people that are married for over thirty years (my parents, grandparents, unless and aunts- since it's a bit too soon to talk about people my age) and they couldn't be happier! I'm not an over optimistic person but I'd like to believe The One exists, thank you very much.

Why, hello negging butthurt pessimist! :rolleyes:
(edited 10 years ago)
No. Ive been through so many girlfriends 2 realise there is no THE ONE.
I agree, anyone could be Mr/Miss Right or The One.
Reply 23
I believe that there is a Mr/Mrs right for everyone but they aren't just one person. There are many people who can be right for you, there are too many people on the planet for it to be likely for you to meet the other 'ones' in a lifetime so you stick with the one you find first in my opinion anyway.
Original post by shooks
If we go into something expecting perfection, things ain't going to end well...

Believing there is a Mr/Miss Right for you doesn't mean you expect perfection.
I don't believe that people are born to be soulmates.
There are many "right ones" out there to find. It depends on how content you are with whoever you're with and whether you want to develop and maintain the bond with that particular person.
Reply 26
You people are thinking too small. Of a universe that is probably teeming with life, somewhere out there there will be that one person who is perfect for you. The only issue is that you will absolutely never meet that being.
Original post by lilylouise
Many women spend their lives leaving good relationships because they are not 100% content with the person they are with. Perhaps there are a few things they find irritating about their partner so are sure that they are not 'the one' and they must still search for him. In the end, these women feel like they have been 'left on the shelf' and by the time they are 40 they still haven't found Mr Right and are searching to find someone quick worried that they won't be able to achieve their happy lifestyle with children they always wanted. Nobody is perfect and it is normal for couples to argue and find things annoying in each other.

You're very right, well said!

I pretty much wrote the same thing in another thread:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=43852941#post43852941
i do believe that there is more than one mr right for me. personally i fell in love but it didn't work out cos of many other reasons and we chose to split up. to me he was everything and i would have even married him one day. but there were too many things affecting our lives and also others. it would have been selfish to only to think about each other.
i think that there is someone else out there for me, different and fresh, and maybe not exactly what you'd always hoped for, but that one person could be right for you, good for you.
its up to you ofcourse, are you willing to commit to more than one person. its alll about your perception on love/mr right etc.
Reply 29
I don't believe there is a set person for you. But there is 7 billion people on this planet. You will find someone that's perfect for you.
Lily Collins, Kendall Jenner, Marina and the Diamonds, Victoria Justice, Ariana Grande,
They're all my soulmates (;
Does ANYONE literally believe this?
Reply 32
I believe in it...

And I honestly find monogamy hard to conciliate with the notion that there are several Mr/Miss Rights...
In most things, I'm a really sceptical person and I agree that the idea of only having one perfect partner is ridiculous; if that were the case, then the human race would have died out long ago.

Nonetheless, when I think of how incredibly lucky I have been; meeting my boyfriend by chance (no mutual friends), at exactly the right time for both of us, how well suited we are to each other, etc, it's easier to be persuaded by the idea of fate. I can understand how some people end up convinced by it.
Reply 34
It's like Highlander: "There can only be one!" in a raspy voice...

Just kidding, 7B people in the world; you'd never meet them! lol!
Original post by Dee Leigh
I agree, anyone could be Mr/Miss Right or The One.

Yeah..
But what is 'right'?
Reply 37
I don't think there's one person for you, it just depends on circumstances. agree with the video completely haha
Original post by Foo.mp3
Soul mate ~ A person ideally suited to another as a close friend or romantic partner. I don't see it as unreasonable to believe such people exist..

For me 'the one' is the person whom you have the opportunity to be with in the right circumstances/when one of you seizes the opportunity and whom is the best match you can hope for. It need not necessarily mean that one 'perfect' person out there somewhere in the world :beard:

I'm something of a perfectionist, value my freedom/independence, and would never last with a girl unless she had special qualities (owing to my personality and complexity [including variable health]) so I'm unlikely to 'settle' (long term) unless a girl is near enough 'the one' - granted expectations can be unreasonable/prohibitive/mean opportunities missed but, sexy funtimes and relatively low level friendly companionship aside, I'm all about quality > quantity :top2:

I was going to say that the idea of mr/mrs right is a complete myth but you've put a refreshing, rational and pragmatic spin on it.

Great post! :cool:
I'd like to think there was a 'mr right' but whether there is or not idk

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending