The Student Room Group

Advice about girls please

Hello everyone, I’m Jack 19 and I’ve just finished my firstyear doing a creative writing degree.
Way before university I had a friend named Rosie (I’m notusing her real name) and I fancied her. She was the year above me and it becameobvious that nothing was going to become of it so I let it go. We had nothingin common, same friendship groups and stuff but as people we were toodifferent. We were not compatible. She stayed for sixth form and then left andI did the same.
Then when I go to Uni every morning I see her at the sametrain station. (This is about two years later.) We get the train in and I learnshe had a job in London and has family problems. Fair enough to some degreeeveryone does. I hinted that I liked her and in response she refuses to speakto me for several weeks.
As the year got on we started talking again. We had somethingin common. Books! We both loved reading it was our main hobby. I ordered thebooks she liked and read them giving my review. (in case anyone is interestedthey were John Green books and then The Infernal Devices.) We had deepmeaningful chats about them and we became friends.
Her family problems got worse and worse. I sold her my PS2games so her little brothers could play them. She called me a peach. Sheexplained her mum was using her debit card to buy stuff and leaving her thebill. She was behind on rent and her mum kicked her out. The first night sheslept in her brother’s car. The second night her mum locked the car. She slepton my settee in a sleeping bag. (I slept in my bed)
She started flat hunting and when she found a place myfamily gave her tons of free stuff so she would feel at home. Knifes, forks,spoons, an old TV, radio. Stuff like that. She was very thankful bless her. Inthis one case she asked if we had a spare saucepan and since we were buying ourown that very day we brought her one too.
I borrowed one of her books and she came over today to pickit up. She stayed for dinner. Then she had this long conversation with my mumabout banks, traveling costs, jobs and having a house. I had no idea what shewas talking about. Then it hit me. She was way out of my league. When mum wentto answer the phone we had a long deep talk about our books and family problems.I told her my problems (Mum still loves Dad despite spilt ten years ago! I can’tstand him.)
I’m in love with her but like I said she’s out of my reach.She is an adult with her own house, a job and I’m living at home with Mum. Shesays several times I’m a good friend and we hug but that is what most girls do!I believe I have been friendzoned.
My question is this. Do I ask her and ruin our friendship?She is a great friend and I would hate to lose her but if she falls in lovewith another guy I will be heartbroken.
if shes your friend and mature, you lose nothing by asking her. The worst she can do is say no and you never know she may say yes.
Reply 2
Look mate, ya dun goofd but its not the end its happened to at least 100 other people in the world.
Firstly you got to do a barrel roll out of her life, make yourself scarce as she has to miss you before she starts to like you.
Whatever you do do not ask her out as the consequences will never be the same.
You have to assure her that you don't need her in your life and that you are able to have a completely energetic life without her in it.
You have to add some depth to your character you can't lay yourself out to her like a book (get it????????????????)
You have to come across as a bit mysterious, the end result should be like an onion.
Onions have layers

You should focus on improving yourself i mean do you even lift?
Taking up new hobbies and exercising will help you get ogre her and help you become a stronger version of yourself.
You have to raise your power level to over 9000! You have already said that she is out of your league so why don't you try to raise your combat multiplier even higher?
We can't gurantee you're success but if you belieb in yourself anything is possible.
As above, ask her, what have you got to lose?
Reply 4
You guys (except ignorant... strangely) are giving him terrible advice! She's definitely gonna say no, "I like you as a friend," etc. You've got a potential relationship with someone you really admire at stake here. You don't want her as a friend, you want her as a lover, so quit telling yourself that her friendship is important to you! Most relationships start naturally; it's not as if you magically ask her out and then everything goes handy dandy, the fact that you have to come HERE to ask us just shows that you KNOW that she's gonna reject you, but you don't want that to be reality so you're denying it and asking us for advice. The answer is to work on yourself until you're so confident in your own abilities that you KNOW for 100% that she'll say yes, and when that time comes... well, you won't even have to ask! She'll already be there.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending