The Student Room Group

Texting while game playing..

I wasn't sure where to really put this, so feel free to move if necessary, so me and a friend were discussing when it comes to guys (and girls) playing on their game consoles (wether it's the Xbox, playstation, what ever) what is the likelihood of texting or receiving a reply from someone who is playing on their console??

I was texting a friend I like the other day, and was getting replies back while I was playing on my Xbox, while texting I discovered that he was also playing on his Xbox.

Which led to mine and my mates discussion... We both agreed that guys (and ourselves) wouldn't text back until we had finished playing unless it was someone important.... (Eg. Parents, best friend, bf/gf or close enough) or the message itself was important..

So yeah I just thought it be interesting to know what others thought. :smile:

Scroll to see replies

I recently had a problem equally as difficult to solve as the deep question you pose:

I realised early on that I had too many chips for me dip, but if I opened another dip, I would have too much dip for me chips.

Such predicament, such problems.
Reply 2
Original post by Alirat23
I wasn't sure where to really put this, so feel free to move if necessary, so me and a friend were discussing when it comes to guys (and girls) playing on their game consoles (wether it's the Xbox, playstation, what ever) what is the likelihood of texting or receiving a reply from someone who is playing on their console??

I was texting a friend I like the other day, and was getting replies back while I was playing on my Xbox, while texting I discovered that he was also playing on his Xbox.

Which led to mine and my mates discussion... We both agreed that guys (and ourselves) wouldn't text back until we had finished playing unless it was someone important.... (Eg. Parents, best friend, bf/gf or close enough) or the message itself was important..

So yeah I just thought it be interesting to know what others thought. :smile:

If someone is playing with someone else then they should not be replying unless it is very important as it is quite rude to the other person! If they are on their own they can reply whenever they want. There should be no time restriction by which someone should reply. The amount of time it takes someone to reply is not an indicator of how much they like you or if they are interested in the conversation etc, unless they are not replying every week or something like that.
Lol I rarely text back whilst I'm playing on my Xbox.
Unless it's important.
Yesterday, my driving instructor texted me whilst playing GTA, I was on a mission...priorities!!!
Girls play XBox?
Reply 5
Original post by PatheticVirgin
Girls play XBox?

Hell yeah!!! Well I do... Is that a problem??? :smile:
Girls play XBox?

Evidently

Posted from TSR Mobile
I generally don't text if I'm gaming, purely based on the fact that if I'm absorbed in a game, I'm unlikely to notice I've got a text

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'd wait until I'm at a natural break point, ie I'm dead.

But that never happens, so I just have to wait until the game ends :ninja:
Reply 9
Single player: Pause
Multiplayer: Wait till a convenient time.
I won't go near my phone during a race. Maybe a quick glance in the pits, but no more.
I only reply depending on who has text me. If it is someone just generally texting me, I wait until a cut-scene or a natural game-break, if there aren't any then they have to wait until I'm done, usually.

If it's one of my parents, work, my boyfriend or something of importance, it gets replied to ASAP, but if it's my parents or my boyfriend, they get informed I'm gaming.

It also depends on what platform I'm using. If I'm on my PS3, it depends what game I'm playing. If I'm on my PC, I can reply quite quickly, if I'm careful :tongue:

I don't tend to play multiplayer games often, but if I did, I'd wait until I was done to reply, or for a break in the game (e.g. character selection etc.) But if a friend is over, and we're playing against each other, I don't answer unless it's necessary.

EDIT: It also depends on how immersed in my game I am. If it's a fighting game, replies are after a round, but if it's something like Skyrim or Star Trek: Online, the sender could be waiting for ages (except my boyfriend, he gets replies quickly, to keep him happy)
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 12
If I'm losing on FIFA and you text me, you will become the scapegoat and I won't reply.
Reply 13
Don't do it during FIFA but I do it during Fm though
Original post by This Honest
Yesterday, my driving instructor texted me whilst playing GTA, I was on a mission...priorities!!!

If you were just about to meet up for a lesson, I'm fairly sure that the GTA mentality is a bad way to go. Or hilarious.
Girls play XBox?

Yes...

Original post by Entangled
If you were just about to meet up for a lesson, I'm fairly sure that the GTA mentality is a bad way to go. Or hilarious.

:lolz: she just wanted me to book lessons the week after next :h:
But before a lesson, I don't play GTA :tongue:
Reply 16
If I'm not getting shot to pieces and have a minute to spare then I'll text.
Depends on the game and how immersive it is, also if it's new then nothing's taking my eyes from the screen ^^ otherwise I hit the pause button or wait till the games over if multiplayer(the amount of times I've lost a kill streak because someone's text me saying 'hi' is ridiculous)

Posted from TSR Mobile
When I'm on GT5, you'll be lucky to even get a reply back to a text whilst I'm in a race.

On something like Battlefield, then I will try and go in a hiding spot and answer the text message :sexface:
Depends on the game. If it's an online multiplayer game, you aren't getting a response straight away. I'll reply inbetween rounds or matches.

If it's a single player game, which I can pause, you might get one. If the person wants to text back and forth, I won't keep texting until I stop playing. I hate to keep pausing while I'm gaming.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending