The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

While eating breakfast

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
I brush my teeth, have breakfast wait 10 minutes then brush again.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Before.
Afterwards otherwise it makes my breakfast taste weird.
After.

It saves you having to not go and brush after breakfast (for a second time) and also the taste of your breakfast is not affected.

Honestly don't know why people do it only before.
Reply 6
Preferable to Bacterios :rolleyes:
Well, seeing as I brush my teeth before going to bed, I've satisfied my belief of reducing some bacteria before the morning. But throughout the day, there's always bacteria in your mouth, no matter what you do. So, I brush my teeth after eating any meal. Including breakfast. To do it before eating changes the taste of my food, which isn't preferable. But after eating, and I've brushed my teeth, I have a nice minty freshness.

I suppose everyone's different :smile:
Reply 8
Drink water before to get the taste of the night out of my mouth, then brush after. It makes sure your mouth is clean for the morning, so why brush before? not a good sight seeing someone with weetabix stuck to their gums
After.

I never brush before a meal. I don't like mint cereal.
I do it before and then eat then do it again :colondollar:
After, otherwise my cereal would taste funny.
Reply 12
Afterwards..seems more logical :smile:
After, what's the point of brushing then getting them all dirty again? Waiting a little longer won't make any difference to your teeth...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
I can't wake up in the morning and have breakfast without brushing my teeth so before and after.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Original post by HanaKimi
I can't wake up in the morning and have breakfast without brushing my teeth so before and after.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Seem so pointless :tongue:
Reply 16
I always always always used to brush before, through the whole of school (and it followed on to my time at uni) because it was part of the getting up process and then I'd go downstairs and not have to go back upstairs again. Since being told I have to have a load of fillings and also since I moved into a single-level flat, I'm a lot less hesitant to just brush after.

Saying that, I did eat a cookie in bed after brushing my teeth last night. I felt guilty though.
after.... can't talk to people while breathing breakfast all over them...
Reply 18
Original post by HashimKF
Preferable to Bacterios :rolleyes:

It's just natural bacteria you have in your mouth anyway, you brush your teeth before lunch and before dinner as well then? :rolleyes:
Exactly, it just doesn't make sense.

Latest