The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL Masters In Film

I'm a national of the USA living the last 3 years in London. I included in my UCL Masters In Film application, information that my estimated total grades formed about a 2.5 (USA university scale number) total, in other words, not good at all. But that was in 2005 when I wasn't living my 'real life' yet -- since then I've done so much and displayed my talents in so many ways outside of school. I have my own film business, The Nerves Of Us, currently making the documentary film also titled The Nerves Of Us. My application was rejected, according to the UCL office, because of my USA undergraduate grades falling below the UCL Masters' department minimums. But it was ten years ago!

My past is being used against me. Since it's been, effectively, ten years since I got these bad academic results, I am unclear as to what I could have done differently, or better, in the interim in order to have secured a place in UCL's Masters programme.

Since I can't change the past, would a place in UCL's Masters programme potentially be secured in a future application round if I spent a few years getting another undergraduate degree, a current one, possibly here at a London university, and then use my (much better) grades from that situation as the basis for my Masters programme app in another year or two?

I just don't understand quite how I'm meant to leave my past behind in this instance. It seems as though if I can't leave it behind I'm forever cursed by it.

Any advice?

Thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending