The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

UEA 2014 Freshers

Is anyone else applying for this course? It's being ran for the first time in 2014.

---
Connect to UEA here! You'll be able to see other applicants' grades and offers. If you enter your details it will be really helpful for other people applying. :h:
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
For those applying to UEA this year, just wanted to know who's applying and what you think of the uni. Hopefully advice and information can be shared on this thread.

Course:
Grade Requirement:
AS Grades:
Predicted A2 Grades:

:biggrin::biggrin:
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
I'm actually applying 3 times (I really want go to UEA :P)

American History
ABB (including a History-based subject)
BBB(only a few marks off As in all three) and a D
AAA

American and English Lit
AAB
BBBD
AAA

English and American Lit
ABB
BBBD
AAA
(edited 10 years ago)
I'm actually applying twice.

1. English Lit and Creative Writing.
AAA
AACC (retaking the C that is going on to A2, Music)
A*AB

2. American Lit and Creative Writing
AAB
AACC
A*AB
Reply 4
Course: Chemistry
Grade Requirement: ABB
AS Grades: BBB - chemistry, biology and maths
Predicted A2 Grades: AAB
Reply 5
Original post by Stephan89
Course: Chemistry
AS Grades: BBB - chemistry, biology and maths

What was your UMS score / how far off from A's were you in Biology and Chemistry?
Reply 6
Original post by FMSN
What was your UMS score / how far off from A's were you in Biology and Chemistry?

5 UMS from an A in chemistry, and 19 UMS from an A in biology. How about yourself? What course are you applying for?
Reply 7
5 UMS from an A in chemistry, and 19 UMS from an A in biology. How about yourself? What course are you applying for?

Oh that's not too bad! I want to study Medicine. I am doing Biology and Chemistry as well and I was 11 UMS off an A in chem and about the same as you in bio. I can't remember the exact ones or where my results are but I am also predicted As in them. I was just wondering if there was anyone else in a similar position.
Reply 8
Original post by FMSN
Oh that's not too bad! I want to study Medicine. I am doing Biology and Chemistry as well and I was 11 UMS off an A in chem and about the same as you in bio. I can't remember the exact ones or where my results are but I am also predicted As in them. I was just wondering if there was anyone else in a similar position.

Thanks. I think it's fairest that we get predicted As when we got good Bs. What exam boards are your subjects with? Mine are all with OCR. Have you made any progress with your application yet? I registered with UCAS today, and will be starting my personal statement sometime this week. :colondollar:

Hope it all works out for you. :smile:
Hello!
Course: Liberal Arts
Grade Requirement: AAB
AS Grades: ABBD (Art, English, Business and French, I've dropped French - haha!)
Anyone else doing Liberal Arts?
Reply 10
Thanks. I think it's fairest that we get predicted As when we got good Bs. What exam boards are your subjects with? Mine are all with OCR. Have you made any progress with your application yet? I registered with UCAS today, and will be starting my personal statement sometime this week. :colondollar:

Hope it all works out for you. :smile:

Thanks yeah that's true. I am with Edexcel for Chemistry, OCR for Biology and AQA for Psychology (my other A2). I know it's a mix of exam boards :smile:
I have done most of my application and I'm hoping to submit it by the end of this month. I just need to check and finalise my personal statement with teachers etc. it has taken me forever though!
Good luck with your UCAS and application too :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by FMSN
Thanks yeah that's true. I am with Edexcel for Chemistry, OCR for Biology and AQA for Psychology (my other A2). I know it's a mix of exam boards :smile:
I have done most of my application and I'm hoping to submit it by the end of this month. I just need to check and finalise my personal statement with teachers etc. it has taken me forever though!
Good luck with your UCAS and application too :smile:

Thank you. I wish I was as far along my application as you are. :smile: My college used to do Edexcel for chemistry until the year I started. I'm so glad I don't have to resit F212. After thinking it went quite badly on the day, I came away with a B which was one of the best things about results' day for me. :biggrin:
Reply 12
Thank you. I wish I was as far along my application as you are. :smile: My college used to do Edexcel for chemistry until the year I started. I'm so glad I don't have to resit F212. After thinking it went quite badly on the day, I came away with a B which was one of the best things about results' day for me. :biggrin:

Ah that's fair enough. Don't worry you'll get there with the application. Anyway my deadline is quite soon so you've still got some time. :smile:
Reply 13
Course: English
AS Grades: AAA
Predicted A2 Grades:AAA

:biggrin:
Bit nervous though as when I entered it onto UCAS, something came up saying '
If you apply for this course you may be invited to attend an interview or audition or provide a portfolio, essay or other piece 'On the course website though it said the majority of applicants are not intervied..
Reply 14
I'm looking at studying Film and Television Studies at East Anglea, and I was wondering what people thought of the course, and how much practical/production is involved in the course.
Thank you~
Course: BSc Mathematics
AS Grades: AABC
Reply 16
Course: BSc Environmental Earth Sciences
AS Grades: BBCC
Predicted A2 Grades: ABC

fingers majooooooorly crossed they'll give me an offer
:smile:
Reply 17
Hi :smile:

Course: Politics
AS Grades: AAAA
Predicted A2 Grades: A*A*A
Reply 18
Original post by CurlyC

Bit nervous though as when I entered it onto UCAS, something came up saying '
If you apply for this course you may be invited to attend an interview or audition or provide a portfolio, essay or other piece 'On the course website though it said the majority of applicants are not intervied..

Hi, I'm applying for English Lit next year! I also got that message but I'm sure its nothing to worry about. It just enables the admissions people to interview students if they feel they need to. But with grades like yours, I can't imagine there would be any reason to :smile:
Reply 19
Hi everyone!
Course: Film and TV studies
Doing AS and A2 in one year but have already been told that I will almost definitely receive a conditional offer for my outstanding grades I achieved in my year abroad in America. Really hoping I can achieve my A Level grades though!
Super nervous! I can't believe uni is almost here :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending