The Student Room Group

Ucas question please!!!! :(

Hi ive had an interview on the 16th of july and today i was unsuccessful today via ucas, and the reason was cause the college didnt get back to them. i emailed the college asking why i didnt get it..

Do i have hope ?:frown:
I'm sure if you were successful with the university you had the interview at, that university will want to take you on in September - regardless of whether they responded by the ucas deadline.

Someone in the admissions office could of been sick or something.
Phone the University and ask why they didnt enter a decision by the UCAS deadline - as noted above, it may be simply that they didnt want you, but if it wasnt it may still be possible (ie. if it was a genuine mistake).
Reply 3
Original post by returnmigrant
Phone the University and ask why they didnt enter a decision by the UCAS deadline - as noted above, it may be simply that they didnt want you, but if it wasnt it may still be possible (ie. if it was a genuine mistake).

I emailed them but they didnt email me back, sucks, prob didnt get in so, so dissapointed thought i did very well :frown:
Reply 4
Original post by juliepbrjnk
I emailed them but they didnt email me back, sucks, prob didnt get in so, so dissapointed thought i did very well :frown:

Try calling them then
Reply 5
Original post by Rajvir
Try calling them then

i will if they dont get back to me by monday. i was hoping that they havent decided yet after 2 days :frown: fml
Reply 6
i will if they dont get back to me by monday. i was hoping that they havent decided yet after 2 days :frown: fml

Don't give up ok? :goodluck:
Reply 7
Original post by Rajvir
Don't give up ok? :goodluck:

:frown: okay thanks!
:frown: okay thanks!

At this time of year you should never email a University, you should ALWAYS call them.
Reply 9
Original post by Knalchemist
At this time of year you should never email a University, you should ALWAYS call them.

True, Ill ring them monday, dont think theyll be working during the weekend, they should have at least given me a reason instead of letting ucas do it because they didnt get a decision :mad:
Promise us all that you will phone them 9am on Monday?

They cant ignore a ringing phone the way they appear to be ignoring your emails.....
Reply 11
Promise us all that you will phone them 9am on Monday?

They cant ignore a ringing phone the way they appear to be ignoring your emails.....

im working 8-2 but ill ask work if i could ring, do you think its possible they still didnt make up their mind?

They were so nice at the interview, they were saying brill and excellent answer all the time, then they stood up and even shook my hand for the second time when i was leaving! :frown:
Do it.
Reply 13
Do it.

ill let you know if its good news..
Reply 14
Do it.

Got my place !! YAY!
Got my place !! YAY!

That's a nice, encouraging bit of news at this nerve racking time of year. Well done.:smile:
Reply 16
Original post by carnationlilyrose
That's a nice, encouraging bit of news at this nerve racking time of year. Well done.:smile:

Thank you, i got unsuccessful few days ago, i emailed them twice . she said i got unsuccessful because i was short one distinction, but she talked to the main person because i did s well in my interview..... so here i am :smile: theres hope for everyone really!
Thank you, i got unsuccessful few days ago, i emailed them twice . she said i got unsuccessful because i was short one distinction, but she talked to the main person because i did s well in my interview..... so here i am :smile: theres hope for everyone really!

Good for you.:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending