The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I have enjoyed mocking you all - who thinks it deserved positive rep?
Reply 41
Lizj
I'm not stressed, I just don't like your attitude. Try coping when your parents earn less than 20k, then you might begin to understand what real life is all about.

I did. Incidentally, I'm still waiting to get tired of lording it over the newly-impoverished ex-public-schoolers with my four-thousand-pound loan and annual £1k grant; it's bliss.
Reply 42
Profesh
I did. Incidentally, I'm still waiting to get tired of lording it over the newly-impoverished ex-public-schoolers with my four-thousand-pound loan and annual £1k grant; it's bliss.

If they are ex-public-schoolers then surely their parents can pay for everything? Uni costs are cheaper than private school where I live, and that includes everything, accommodation, clothes, food, everything!
Reply 43
jizzy29
Just chill, and don't use the pronoun "one" on chat rooms.

There's nothing remiss about deploying 'one' as a disambiguatory device in lieu of either 'you' or 'we', both of which harbour decidedly more personal connotations: the arrogance obtains rather from its occasional usage in the format of a personal pronoun, as opposed to the proper 'I' et al; a malapropism almost invariably sported by cretins whose delusions of grandeur are inversely proportional to their intellect.
Reply 44
KerriT
If they are ex-public-schoolers then surely their parents can pay for everything? Uni costs are cheaper than private school where I live, and that includes everything, accommodation, clothes, food, everything!

Even in those (seemingly, infrequent) instances whereby the above holds true, 'can' does not always equate to 'will'.
KerriT

May be cheaper on full fees but a fair number of those at public schools are on scholarships. Plus a lot of parents really stop paying for most things when their children turn 18. You know that flying the nest stuff.
Profesh
There's nothing remiss about deploying 'one' as a disambiguatory device in lieu of either 'you' or 'we', both of which harbour decidedly more personal connotations: the arrogance obtains rather from its occasional usage in the format of a personal pronoun, as opposed to the proper 'I' et al; a malapropism almost invariably sported by cretins whose delusions of grandeur are inversely proportional to their intellect.

granted, or overeducated radio four presenters.

RE: The issue, public schoolchildren, who always have a massive advantage over state school attendees in this unfair, non-egalitarian country we live in will not always have the best. 'Riches' to 'rags' is not an impossible scenario.
RAYPLETTS

You know, it is kind of sad getting your kicks from mocking people you don't know on an internet forum. Especially as I doubt many of those you are mocking cares too much about your opinion.
Reply 48
RAYPLETTS

Hmmm... I think someone is backtracking in the face of an overwhelmingly negative response! The not-so-subtle rep whoring attempts rather undermine Raypletts's claim, too - it is clear that he is still desperate for our approval. :wink:
Reply 49
Profesh

That is superb; I'm glad you cleared that one up.

The excessive usage of aggrandised language is my only quibble with your admittedly well-argued explanation of our perpetual grammatical woes.

By the way, using this language makes you merely appear foolish; linguistic excess does not reveal the intelligence possessed by the user, it just makes the user more inaccessible. Articulacy is about being understood, not preventing comprehension.

Of course, the great George Orwell uttered these immortal words:
"Never use a long word when a diminutive one will do"
Reply 50
RAYPLETTS

In what way have you mocked us? I think we're all safe in the knowledge that you're the one who's a joke.
Reply 51
puppy
In what way have you mocked us? I think we're all safe in the knowledge that you're the one who's a joke.

He's clearly one of those weedy serially bullied people who has to go on the net to compensate for his small penis / low self-esteem / inferiority complex.
Reply 52
myself
He's clearly one of those weedy serially bullied people who has to go on the net to compensate for his small penis / low self-esteem / inferiority complex.

:toofunny:
Reply 53
JohnStuartMill
You know, it is kind of sad getting your kicks from mocking people you don't know on an internet forum. Especially as I doubt many of those you are mocking cares too much about your opinion.

Yeah. It's hard to take any forum mocking seriously when the person on the other end could be a 50 year old man for all we know.

myself

^_^ Lol. True.
Reply 54
Don't ****ing bad rep me withouts reasons you coks
Reply 55
Is this guy serious? If hes really bright enough to get into a competative course at a top 10 uni, one (oh my:rolleyes: ) might expect him to have some kind of concept of condescension rather then getting all defensive.

Dont even bother applying for history, if you do suceed in blagging your personal statement, you still wont have the interest or motivation to study sucessesfullly at uni especially a top ten one. You crashing and burning will not go down too well at mummy and daddys dinner parties now will it?
Reply 56
I enjoy history but i still found a personal statement really difficult to write, when i say difficult i mean impossible. There is so much you could write and with no idea what the admissions people are looking for what do you put down in 3000 or so characters?
Reply 57
I went to an event yesterday, and they said 50% should be why you love your subject, and what made you choose it. :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending