The Student Room Group

Rejected by Deloitte after application

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by evlyd
You wont get any UCAS points from the AS level in regards to your Deloitte application. The 300 points has to come from 3 a levels, in your case 2 AP and 1 A level.

The AP's are only 50 points each. Not sure why. (Maths A level is WAY easier IMO) so I would only have 240 points. Would that automatically count against me?
Reply 21
Original post by Tactical Nuclear Penguin
No :smile:

cheers! :smile:
Reply 22
Original post by Faye_m
The AP's are only 50 points each. Not sure why. (Maths A level is WAY easier IMO) so I would only have 240 points. Would that automatically count against me?

In that case I think you are best contacting the Deloitte Bright Start team to find out exactly what they will accept - they may well allow this I am not entirely sure. Are you originally from the UK or would you require a work permit? As I think there are certain restrictions around the BrightStart scheme set by the government, in regards to this.

You should be able to email the address shown at the bottom of the page attached.

http://mycareer.deloitte.com/uk/en/schools/connect-with-us

I would definitely suggest emailing the recruitment team about your situation
Reply 23
Original post by evlyd
In that case I think you are best contacting the Deloitte Bright Start team to find out exactly what they will accept - they may well allow this I am not entirely sure. Are you originally from the UK or would you require a work permit? As I think there are certain restrictions around the BrightStart scheme set by the government, in regards to this.

You should be able to email the address shown at the bottom of the page attached.

http://mycareer.deloitte.com/uk/en/schools/connect-with-us

I would definitely suggest emailing the recruitment team about your situation

Thanx :smile: I will do. I'm first doing a Bsc so have time but was just interested. And yes I'm from the UK. Just was away for educational purposes.
Reply 24
Original post by Faye_m
Thanx :smile: I will do. I'm first doing a Bsc so have time but was just interested. And yes I'm from the UK. Just was away for educational purposes.

Oh okay. I thought you meant you were applying for the Deloitte intake in 2014! In that case I honestly wouldn't worry about for now as your degree is more relevant than your A levels (although as long as you get a 2:1 then its not really a problem regardless of what degree you do). I think the graduate acturial scheme does require an A in A level Maths though. If you wouldn't be joining Deloitte for another 4 years its definitely not worth worrying about now haha.
Reply 25
Original post by evlyd
Oh okay. I thought you meant you were applying for the Deloitte intake in 2014! In that case I honestly wouldn't worry about for now as your degree is more relevant than your A levels (although as long as you get a 2:1 then its not really a problem regardless of what degree you do). I think the graduate acturial scheme does require an A in A level Maths though. If you wouldn't be joining Deloitte for another 4 years its definitely not worth worrying about now haha.

Just planning ahead like a true actuary.... :tongue:
but thanx anyways! And I'm aiming for A* so fingers crossed :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest