The Student Room Group

Warwickshire college??

I've had an offer and went to visit it today, absolutely loved it BUT I wasn't able to see the accommodation as all the rooms were full with summer students, and I can only find negative reviews about living in, though all of the reviews were a few years old...

Does anyone have any recent experiences??

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
It depends on which centre you are going to. as you may know there are six centers. I went to Moreton Morrell for 2 years (2010/2012) and I lived in for most of the time. From my experience the accommodation is basic at best. If you are under 18 it is crap. The people are what make it worth while not the place. I don't want to say anything too bad but It wouldn't be my first choice.
Reply 2
I realise I'm a little late here but oh well...

- - - - -

Warwickshire College has three campuses that provide accommodation: Leamington Spa, Moreton Morrell and Pershore.

It all depends on what you're studying on where you apply for accommodation; students attending Henley in Arden, Rugby, or even Leamington Spa will get either Prospero House or Disbery Halls at the Leamington Spa campus, for example, as there are term time buses that travel to all the separate campuses. Moreton Morrell and Pershore residential students rarely travel elsewhere as they're mainly agriculture types.

Because the accommodation is in high demand, you have to be quick applying else you may have to live off-site at a flat or house in connection with the college or find your own place.

Having stayed in Disbery Halls at the Leamington campus last college year, the accommodation provided is decent but flawed with many things that they can (and should) improve upon. The rooms are sizeable enough with a cupboard sized shower room, that can stay slippery for hours after showering, and the kitchens have plenty of room for everybody in the flat. The biggest bugbears are definitely how clever snowflakes placed the fridges AND freezers next to the kitchen door and put the only disabled bedroom at the top of Block B.

Prospero House is nicer, that I'm staying in currently, with the main Flat A building being much more spacious regarding rooms but creates a strange echo due to the tall Regency building ceilings. Flat B and Flat C are alright, with slightly smaller rooms, but need refitting and involve sharing 2 communal shower rooms.

There is a common room at Disbery Halls that's very popular with provided iron, board, laundry room, big telly and (sometimes stocked) vending machine. It's a buzzing social space for students after class.

I've seen Moreton Morrell's accommodation after visiting a few times recently but can't comment on the interiors.

Every accommodation provided by the college has a site-specific first aid trained team of Staff Wardens and Student Wardens who double check the accommodation every day and in an emergency, they are the ones to contact first. With regards to rules and guidelines, alcohol in the campus accommodation is banned no matter your age and under 18s must be in their flats by 10pm due to curfew.

There's also campus wide WiFi, a MAJOR difference from last year's ethernet cables, that can be logged in with your own Student ID and log in that you get during enrolment.

- - - - -

Now that ramble is over, Jinx94, did you accept the offer and are you staying in accommodation now? If so, it's plausible we may have passed each other at some point in the last few weeks.
Reply 3
How long does Warwickshire take to get back to u with offers?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bluebells60
How long does Warwickshire take to get back to u with offers?

Posted from TSR Mobile

University or College offer?
Reply 5

It took me 2 days.
Reply 7
Still waiting....they acknowledged me on Tuesday but nothing else yet....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Still waiting....they acknowledged me on Tuesday but nothing else yet....

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just hang on in there. I'm sure they will get back to you.
Reply 9
Reply 10
They don't shut down till Friday do u think they will be in touch before Xmas...lol?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Would like to hear from them before Xmas one way or the other...lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Still waiting to heAr

Posted from TSR Mobile
If you are concerned, ring them.
Reply 14
Not concerned just curious how long it's gonna take to hear from them as I've only been acknowledged so far since last year..lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
It's just handy to know what their procedure is....before or after 15th jan and when do they do interviews,etc

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's just handy to know what their procedure is....before or after 15th jan and when do they do interviews,etc

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't have a clue. When I went to Warwickshire I studied a BTEC and had my interview 3 days before the start of term as I was late to apply.

As with UCAS I was offered a place at Harper Adams before I actually applied. Because I took a gap year and already had my results.
Reply 17
Should hopefully hear from warwickshire soon....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Reply 19
Anyone else got interview dates for Warwickshire college moreton morrell....for vet physio or similar...still waiting to hear

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest