The Student Room Group

Had my driving test today...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Harrie Lyons
I got two: not knowing how thick tyres have to be minimum (I said 1 inch and it was 1.6, got marked down, bit harsh I thought) and second I accidentally kept my indicator on left while moving off

show me tell me doesn't really matter too much, it's all about how you drive, but FYI (as it may come in useful) it's not the thickness of the tyres, it's how much tread they should have left (the grooves on this pic below)

the grooves should be 1.6mm deep minimum across the middle 3/4 of the tyre :smile:
Well done that's awesome :smile:
Original post by UniMastermindBOSS
congrats!

get this for your first car :banana:

Thank you!

And can you imagine :biggrin: I bet it's loud though.
Original post by Lightning.
Well done that's awesome :smile:

Thank you very much! :smile:
Original post by Harrie Lyons
St. Albans. Can I ask where you were? I Should of said congrats on the first post btw but I was a bit freaked out by the fact I did it today and then this comes up. Weird.

I was in Enfield, in London :smile:

And, haha, that's fine! Thank you.
Original post by SiMan
Well done :smile:

Stay safe on the road.

I used up all my pos rep repping people I didn't reply to directly, so here's one for you (+1).

Thanks hun! :smile:
Original post by WoodyMKC
Well done passer people! You got cars lined up already?

Thank you! No car yet, but saving everything I can! Should be within the next 6 months, though, because I spent over a grand on driving lessons in 5 months and on less hours than I am currently doing at work :smile:
Original post by UnknownRoyalist
Congrats! Got mine soon tooo.....

Thanks! Good luck to you. When's yours?
Original post by HopefulMidwife
Thanks! Good luck to you. When's yours?

Thank you. Haven't actually told anyone yet, just going to pretend like I'm going out for a lesson but then come back and say I passed lol. Hopefully. It's in a couple of weeks.
Thank you. Haven't actually told anyone yet, just going to pretend like I'm going out for a lesson but then come back and say I passed lol. Hopefully. It's in a couple of weeks.

Hahahaha, I wanted to do that too but I'm too much of a big mouth when it comes to things like that :biggrin:
Original post by HopefulMidwife
Hahahaha, I wanted to do that too but I'm too much of a big mouth when it comes to things like that :biggrin:

I know exactly what you mean lol. I'm finding it hard to keep my mouth shut and not act in such a suspicious way :tongue:
I know exactly what you mean lol. I'm finding it hard to keep my mouth shut and not act in such a suspicious way :tongue:

Good luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending