The Student Room Group

Woolwich Killer gets Teeth Knocked Out

Scroll to see replies

Original post by uktotalgamer
All of this liberal bull**** of "we shouldn't sink to his level" is a load of crap. The guy viciously attacked a member of our armed forces unprovoked, and yet you liberals defend the attacks on the bastard with "we shouldn't sink to his level." You people make me sick.

So you think we should sink to his level?

What, then, sets us apart from him?

Blimey, the way you're going on, you're starting to sound like one of them terrorists you keep hearing about!
Original post by Drewski
Revenge is not justice.

Arguably, as this individual claimed to want to die for his beliefs, we should make him stay alive as long as possible.

Are you volunteering to foot the bill for him then?
Reply 82
i can't say i feel sorry for the guy but the officer shouldn't get away with it seeing as he is employed to uphold law and order not exact revenge
Reply 83
Are you volunteering to foot the bill for him then?

Well, the current prison system isn't the ideal situation, either.

Single cell. No bed. No tv. Dark, dank, miserable.

Won't be that expensive.
I agree OP - it's important that the UK be seen as a just and fair society. If this action is supported where do we draw the line? Rapists, murderers? What about those who aren't actually guilty?
Original post by InnerTemple
So you think we should sink to his level?

What, then, sets us apart from him?

Blimey, the way you're going on, you're starting to sound like one of them terrorists you keep hearing about!

Give yourself over. It's about justice, not sinking to his level.

That's the problem with this country, far too nicey nice. Take for example Mr Quatada. Said terrible things, did terrible things. Lives off OUR taxes for so many years. What a ****ing joke.

Either hang him or deport him. We shouldn't have to pay a single penny for his upkeep.

Oh hold on though. If your liberal, do you suggest we should rehabilitate him until he can rejoin us in society, despite brutal murder in his past? Fantastic idea!
Original post by Drewski
Well, the current prison system isn't the ideal situation, either.

Single cell. No bed. No tv. Dark, dank, miserable.

Won't be that expensive.

Anything past free is far to expensive.
Reply 87
Anything past free is far to expensive.

And you think invoking the death penalty would be cheaper?

It wouldn't.

That's the problem with this country, far too nicey nice. Take for example Mr Quatada. Said terrible things, did terrible things. Lives off OUR taxes for so many years. What a ****ing joke.

Either hang him or deport him. We shouldn't have to pay a single penny for his upkeep.

Oh hold on though. If your liberal, do you suggest we should rehabilitate him until he can rejoin us in society, despite brutal murder in his past? Fantastic idea!

Yes, that's right. Ideally he should be in a very relaxed environment for a few months. This is so he can be monitored to ensure that he is well enough. The poor dear has been through so much.

When we are certain that he is fit enough, he should be flown to one of the Greek islands for a 3 month holiday. Whilst there he should attend field trips to learn about civilisation and stuff. I expect that there will be time for treats - a boat trip to Spinalonga would be nice and maybe a trip to the beautiful island of Santorini - were Captain Corelli's Mandolin was filmed.

After this, he should be purchased (no renting for him) a 10 bedroom mansion in a nice part of London. Here he will live out the rest of his days, probably writing about his experiences of past.

Of course I do not believe the above. But the way you go on, one would think that justice is one of two things. The above or hanging them from a rope at the first opportunity. The fact is, that there is a lot more to it than that.

Roughing someone up, no matter how disgusting we find them, is never acceptable. It is not justice - it is most certainly sinking to their level. That isn't to say that we must lavish them with delights either.

We treat people decently in this country whilst tackling criminality. It is what makes us a damn site better than other nations.
I'm not worried about the negs.

Their emotions cloud their judgment. Just like Star Wars.
Original post by Hellz_Bellz!
I'm not at all sorry it happened, but it's a bit disconcerting to hear it was done by actual police officers. People who are actually meant to be "keeping the peace". Police officers are becoming violent thugs these days. Imagine if that had been someone innocent. Quite scary.

Yes, the fear of a murderer having his teeth knocked out sends shivers up my spinal cord. Almost spilt my Jd & Coke as well. Very worrying. I also hear the Police Officers are allowing certain ethnicities to groom children. That's not worrying at all though. :tongue:
Reply 91
The prison guards should be investigated for improper conduct here. Serious questions should be asked about why the prisoner wasn't hurt more severely.
Original post by Isengard
Or maybe because it involves a man who murdered a innocent soldier for the sake of an invisible man in the sky and some virgins.

No soldier is innocent. In fact they are all very guilty. I don't agree with revenge, violence or war. However, you can't go to war and not expect war to come to you.

On saying this, It takes a wiser person to take the higher moral ground. Shame people see violence as a solution before even trying to understand the principles of wisdom and peace.
He should leave a dark 6 x 2 room once a day to get 100 lashes and then put back in his cell. I don't think the officers should be punished, the man is an animal.
Original post by wildrover
He should leave a dark 6 x 2 room once a day to get 100 lashes and then put back in his cell. I don't think the officers should be punished, the man is an animal.

You sound like an animal. In fact you are. roar on child.
Original post by DoubleYikes
You sound like an animal. In fact you are. roar on child.

I'm sorry but he should lose all human rights, rights also come with responsibilities that he has not respected.

But he was born in England :rolleyes:
Reply 97
Original post by gloriamundi
This man should have been hanged by now.

Now, now son, while hundreds of people witnessed him do it, he gave a live interview with ITV news holding the bloodied knife immediately after the killing declaring that he did it and the police found him at the scene covered in blood holding the murder weapon, it has not yet been proven legally that he did it. Therefore we don't know if he did it or not. Could have been shapeshifting aliens, who knows? Extreme and ridiculous example but that's why we have trials.
(edited 10 years ago)
Occam's razor would still point us in the direction of prison officer exoneration.
Original post by Drewski
Revenge is not justice.

Arguably, as this individual claimed to want to die for his beliefs, we should make him stay alive as long as possible.

A lot of people would argue that justice for killing someone is executing the murderer. The punishment would fit the crime. I'm against the death penalty for other reasons but why do you call it revenge, yet probably wouldn't call life imprisonment revenge?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending