The Student Room Group

IB Freshers!

Scroll to see replies

Hey,

Im also starting the ib and im taking bio,chem psych hl with math,eng lit and french(ab intio) sl.

I was wondering where to find some good study guides and notes so I start the ib with an advantage !
Reply 21
Hello people!
My classes begin on Monday (29 june).
My subjects:
English language and literature HL
French B SL
Maths Studies
Psychology HL
Business and Management HL
Biology SL.

Anyone with similar combination or same subjects, please get in touch through message, maybe we'll be able to help each other.. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Next week? I'm starting in September.
I'll be doing:
HL Chemistry
HL Maths
HL Physics
SL Latin
SL English
SL Economics
Hey,

i'm also starting the IB in September in Germany. I'm really excited but also nervous ..

I'm doing

History HL
Bio HL
German HL
English SL
Math SL
Visual Arts SL
Original post by Mishika
Hello people!
My subjects:
French B SL
Maths Studies
Psychology HL
Biology SL.

Anyone with similar combination or same subjects, please get in touch through message, maybe we'll be able to help each other.. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I took the same SL subjects as you.
Reply 25
Original post by Calllu-m
I took the same SL subjects as you.

Maybe then we could help each other when required and if it is possible :smile:, I'm particularly worried about French. :s-smilie:
Original post by Mishika
Hello people!
My subjects:
French B SL
Maths Studies
Psychology HL
Biology SL.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Heyy, i have 4 of the same subjects. Im taking spanish instead of french and eco in stead of business studies:smile: I start mid aug.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mishika
Maybe then we could help each other when required and if it is possible :smile:, I'm particularly worried about French. :s-smilie:

Oh I finished the IB this year.

I got (in my SLs)
French B - 6
Maths Studies - 5
Biology - 6
Reply 28
Hey everyone!

I'm starting IB in September
My choices are:
Biology, Chemistry and French at HL;
and English Literature, Maths and Geography (atm, trying to change to History) at SL

Any advice for how to get ready over the summer from people who've already done it or from what other "freshers" have done so far? :smile:
Reply 29
Original post by Zabaar
Hey everyone!

I'm starting IB in September
My choices are:
Biology, Chemistry and French at HL;
and English Literature, Maths and Geography (atm, trying to change to History) at SL

Any advice for how to get ready over the summer from people who've already done it or from what other "freshers" have done so far? :smile:

Start reading about CAS and TOK as it will save you a lot of time when you start. Brush up on French as its a really heavy subject at HL as far as i know ad for the most part the same with Bio and Chem. History SL is a really good subject i would recommend you do change it for Geography.

Start going through useful websites such as TSR and IBSurvival and start mentally prepping yourself! Good luck!
Reply 30
Quick update , finished my first week of IB and it went great! All classes are going well except French SL hasn't started yet.

CAS and TOK are really fun and interesting and im looking forward to see what comes up in the near future!
Reply 31
Hi everyone :smile:

Starting IB in the last week of August and I'm not very exited- possibly because of all the complaining those in the classes ahead of me have done.

Anyway, I'll be doing
HL- Biology, Chemistry and Physics
SL- English, Spanish(ab initio) and economics

I do hope I have a successful two years and can manage the workload.
(edited 10 years ago)
Hihi :smile: I'll be starting IB in the middle of August in a new college and a new country :/ Super nervous, and not just for the IB agh.

HL Eng lit, Econs, History
SL Chem, Maths, Chinese B
Original post by Maazin
Haha i'm a third culture kid! I live in Singapore but i'm very much not from there! I know IG Maths is good prep but i still am worried about it.. hopefully if i work harder than i did for the IG's then i'll get at least a 5.
Thanks!

Hey, I'll be studying in Singapore too! Which school do you go to? :smile:
I receive GCSE results on the 22nd of August I think, I'm in China right now, when I get back to the UK (31st) I have to start revising maths; I have a big presumed knowledge list ._. Though I think I know all, if not, most of it :biggrin:
Also need to buy some suits for September

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bude8

Also need to buy some suits for September

Posted from TSR Mobile

Going into sixth form at a boarding school are we?
Going into sixth form at a boarding school are we?

Yup, though it's day + boarding, and I'm not moving to a new school, just staying at the same one for 6th form
Original post by Bude8
Yup, though it's day + boarding, and I'm not moving to a new school, just staying at the same one for 6th form

Yeah sounds like my old school :yep: Does it do both A-levels and IB?
Yeah sounds like my old school :yep: Does it do both A-levels and IB?

Yes, it does :redface:
Although my school only picked up the IB recently, like, 3 years ago?
Reply 39
Bio Chem Physics HL
Math English lit nd lang, French AB
Anybody else got same subjects as me?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending