The Student Room Group

UEA Medicine with a Foundation year a104 2014 september entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Im sure I read some where all who receive interview will be notified in February and interviews in march
Mind games.
UCAS 1: Myself 0

I received a track email from UCAS so I almost puked out all of my internal organs. Not only did it take 10 years to find my UCAS number after I finally log in there are NO CHANGES TO TRACK. Yes that's right

So I call UCAS and I was pretty panicky at this point. UCAS tell me that nothing has changed Uni of Leicester just happened to UPDATE THEIR COURSE CODE, which is why i received a track email
*CRIES HYSTERICALLY*
Reply 22
Guys has anyone received their supporting documents back? Last years cohort received their evidence/supporting documents at the start of January.
Reply 23
Original post by claire230
Guys has anyone received their supporting documents back? Last years cohort received their evidence/supporting documents at the start of January.

I have yet to receive anything, but it may just be because of the fact that they asked for the documents at a much later date.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 24
Last years cohort heard at the end of January. I doubt we will hear so soon, especially considering as our forms have not been sent back :smile:
Hi guys I applied for this course but didn't even get a form to fill out about if I'm eligible but I did get an email saying they received my offer, it explicitly says don't call them so what do you guys thinks going on?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 26
Received my supporting documents back today! Recorded delivery
Reply 27
Original post by confusedbengali
Hi guys I applied for this course but didn't even get a form to fill out about if I'm eligible but I did get an email saying they received my offer, it explicitly says don't call them so what do you guys thinks going on?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I really think you should phone them up and ask. You've got a valid concern
Reply 28
Original post by confusedbengali

Posted from TSR Mobile

They only give out forms to those who meet the minimum entry requirements in academics, have you checked you meet those?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 29
Original post by claire230
Received my supporting documents back today! Recorded delivery

whats your stats claire? :smile:
Reply 30
Original post by Lethargic
They only give out forms to those who meet the minimum entry requirements in academics, have you checked you meet those?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ohh..so does that mean that having more A's will not be beneficial at GCSE for example..as long as all the running candidates have met the minimum requirements?
Reply 31
Original post by ilovechem
ohh..so does that mean that having more A's will not be beneficial at GCSE for example..as long as all the running candidates have met the minimum requirements?

This is an outline of the process on their site:

Candidates who have passed primary screening (meet minimum academic entry requirements) will then be asked to provide evidence of the Social/Contextual Criteria required. Applicants are then ranked using a combination of performance at GCSE, UKCAT, and social/contextual criteria. References and personal statement will be considered as part of this process. The top 96 applicants will be invited for interview.

So to answer your question. Yes it would be beneficial but if you meet the requirements for the normal 5 year course, they will most likely question you as to why you applied for a foundation year.
Reply 32
This is an outline of the process on their site:

Candidates who have passed primary screening (meet minimum academic entry requirements) will then be asked to provide evidence of the Social/Contextual Criteria required. Applicants are then ranked using a combination of performance at GCSE, UKCAT, and social/contextual criteria. References and personal statement will be considered as part of this process. The top 96 applicants will be invited for interview.

So to answer your question. Yes it would be beneficial but if you meet the requirements for the normal 5 year course, they will most likely question you as to why you applied for a foundation year.

oh i was rather hoping they wouldnt care as long as you met minimum, concerning GCSEs, mine arent too great :/ they do meet the requirements though
Reply 33
Received my documents this morning, at least I know they've attached them to the right application

Posted from TSR Mobile
I haven't got my documents back :'( Uh oh.
I was too stupid to write put on a return address, but as soon as I sent the documents I emailed UEA my address telling them that this is where they should send the forms back to and apologized for my stupidity. I never got a reply.
:s-smilie: :s-smilie:
Reply 35
Original post by somethingunique
I haven't got my documents back :'( Uh oh.
I was too stupid to write put on a return address, but as soon as I sent the documents I emailed UEA my address telling them that this is where they should send the forms back to and apologized for my stupidity. I never got a reply.
:s-smilie: :s-smilie:

I'm sure you'll be fine. I think they'll return the form in batches so just wait a few more days and then phone?
i still havent received my documents yet :frown:
Reply 37
OH MY GOD I JUST GOT INVITED TO AN INTERVIEW!! Freaking the f**k out!

Edit: Went a little too cray :colondollar:
(edited 10 years ago)
OH MY GOD I JUST GOT INVITED TO AN INTERVIEW!! Freaking the f**k out!

Edit: Went a little too cray :colondollar:

Well done man
*High five* me too. March 18th?
I am rather nervous tbh
Reply 39
Original post by somethingunique
Well done man
*High five* me too. March 18th?
I am rather nervous tbh

Thanks, well done to you too! 12th of March, I'm pretty glad mine isn't the 18th because I'm hoping to get a Southampton interview which is on the 19th!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply