The Student Room Group

When will islam get the message...

Even after desperate groups of people like the English Defence League and young yobs left in total chaos growing up by mass immigration strangling their ability to get jobs the biggest threat to the British way of life remains stronger and continues to grow through procreation (not always consensual) and converting the vulnerable teenage masses they have created.

Half of British mosques have been attacked since 9/11 so why is Islam still in existence in Britain when it, and the fear and terrorism such a militaristic and martyr driven religion breeds, so clearly isn't wanted in the UK. When will Islam clear off our shores?

Whilst I'm not supporting attacking mosques (it's a horrid thing to do) this clearly shows islam isn't wanted.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2351470/Research-reveals-HALF-Britains-mosques-attacked-9-11-anti-Islam-violence-spreads.html

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
As a Muslim who has not long been living in the UK, I can assure you that I do "get the message" that people of my faith are made unwelcome by a lot of the people here. It does require a certain degree of maturity and thick skin to deal with others' prejudice - in no way am I oblivious to this treatment.

However, there are always nice people here who make me feel welcome, who give me a fair chance and who treat me nicely so that's some consolation. I also remind myself that it wasn't long ago when other ethnic and religious minorities were persecuted in the same way.
The acts of a few justify an entire religion being dumped?

Stupid IMO :colonhash:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by Isengard
Even after desperate groups of people like the English Defence League and young yobs left in total chaos growing up by mass immigration strangling their ability to get jobs the biggest threat to the British way of life remains stronger and continues to grow through procreation (not always consensual) and converting the vulnerable teenage masses they have created.

Half of British mosques have been attacked since 9/11 so why is Islam still in existence in Britain when it, and the fear and terrorism such a militaristic and martyr driven religion breeds, so clearly isn't wanted in the UK. When will Islam clear off our shores?

Whilst I'm not supporting attacking mosques (it's a horrid thing to do) this clearly shows islam isn't wanted.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2351470/Research-reveals-HALF-Britains-mosques-attacked-9-11-anti-Islam-violence-spreads.html

you are using the daily fail as your evidence :facepalm:

When will the EDL and it's ilk realise what this country stands for, and what it gives rights for ie: freedom of religion (and non religion), freedom to practise your faith

If you wish to ban a certain religion, then well it's YOU who is at odds with what Britain stands for...

Pre WW2, society attacked Jewish people, blaming them for their problems etc... Does that mean that Jews were ever really the problem? No it doesn't

Also,

Even after desperate groups of people like the English Defence League and young yobs left in total chaos growing up by mass immigration

You answered your own reason there. It's not because of "mass immigration" If "young yobs" can't get jobs, well they shouldn't be "young yobs" If young people can't get jobs, that's a different matter, but it's still not because of "mass immigration" I think I read somewhere that Pakistani people are more likely to be self employed, so if any thing they are CREATING jobs, instead of "taking" someone elses.... This might be because you see a lot of Pakistani taxi drivers, hence skewing the statistics, but still how many young people say they want to go work in a taxi? I've literally not seen many at all...

strangling their ability to get jobs the biggest threat to the British way of life remains stronger and continues to grow through procreation (not always consensual) and converting the vulnerable teenage masses they have created.

The harsh reality of the modern world is that we are a "knowledge economy" Without education, you're not going to get very far. This is the harsh reality of the modern world. Also, the next part might sound arrogant, but please do tell me how I took "your" job when you probably don't have the same skills?

And also, I've been refused many jobs. It's not because someone "stole" my job. It's because someone was better skilled than me. If you're accusing people of "stealing" jobs, then you should also be equally annoyed that people are "stealing" jobs in Arab countries
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 5

The EDL itself is against Islamist extremists. Its yob racist members are against Islam in general. That's a difference.
Reply 6
This is a useless thread.

Posted from TSR Mobile
When will the EDL get the message?
Reply 8
Original post by PythianLegume
When will the EDL get the message?

That's what I was going to say. The EDL are a tiny proportion of the population too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by ZazDogg
That's what I was going to say. The EDL are a tiny proportion of the population too.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hundreds of thousands support the EDL and millions support UKIP - the message is clear enough.
Hundreds of thousands support the EDL and millions support UKIP - the message is clear enough.

The EDL themselves claim to have only 100.000 with a few hundred "active" supporters. Research shows they big up the numbers and probably have more like 30.000 supporters.

So yeah. Hardly "hundreds of thousands"...
Reply 11
Original post by desdemonata
The EDL themselves claim to have only 100.000 with a few hundred "active" supporters. Research shows they big up the numbers and probably have more like 30.000 supporters.

So yeah. Hardly "hundreds of thousands"...

Have you seen the likes on their facebook pages (a much more accurate measure)?
Reply 12

And Islam has billions around the world. What's your point?
Reply 13
Original post by Drewski
And Islam has billions around the world. What's your point?

Around the world doesn't matter for jack shoot, I'm talking about here in Britain where the majority of people hate islamist terrorists and want the religion to stop persecuting our nation's core.
Reply 14
To be honest I'm surprised the EDL have any support. I would have thought in a civilised society that they're not needed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15

Millions supported the Nazis, it doesn't make them right. It just signifies delusion is far more rampant then I suspected. Whilst I've certainly no love for Islam, or religion in general for that matter, I've nothing against Muslims who are (as the majority of the human population are) good, hard working and kind people.
The acts of the minority have never, nor will ever, demean an entire group, be that a race, religion or creed. The majority of that group acting in such ways will, but never the minority.
People fear what they don't understand, we've only really had a notable Islamic presence here since the late 80s / early 90s, but only a handful represent the negativity of Islam and even fewer create an air of distrust. Whilst I completely agree some are absolutely not to be trusted, are dangerous and should be deported ASAP, the vast, vast majority are good people like you and I.
The actions of pressure groups and right-wing parties such as the EDL, BNP and UKIP are certainly not helping matters by swinging the frankly uneducated and easily swayed to take up the now seemingly racist symbolising Union Jack and St. George's Cross.

These are the dangerous people, breeding contempt and hatred for an entire religious group and colour of skin; I can't tell you how many times I've heard the "I love the BNP, get those Pakis out the country!" screamed and sung by a crowd of uneducated apes toward a family, group of kids or group of friends whom happen to have brown skin.
If anyone should be getting a message, its the EDL and BNP that racism has no place in our country, people have the right to safety and a life of productivity and happiness.
Frankly I think we should swap out the FSA soldiers with EDL vermin and let them see what many Muslims and Middle-Easterners are escaping and what they're seeking, but the swine are happy to drink themselves to an alcoholic frenzy and beat the **** out of some Pakistani twelve year old because he has a different colour of skin.

No, Islam doesn't need to get the message, although I do feel that they should follow our laws and terms, not try and construct their own being here, but its a certainty the EDL and BNP need a real slap across their egotistical, ass-backward thinking before they show off Britain as a right-wing fascist state to those looking at us on TV.
Reply 16
Around the world doesn't matter for jack shoot, I'm talking about here in Britain where the majority of people hate islamist terrorists and want the religion to stop persecuting our nation's core.

Islamic terrorists no more represent Islam than the KKK represents Christianity.
Reply 17
Original post by DH-Biker

No, Islam doesn't need to get the message, although I do feel that they should follow our laws and terms, not try and construct their own being here, but its a certainty the EDL and BNP need a real slap across their egotistical, ass-backward thinking before they show off Britain as a right-wing fascist state to those looking at us on TV.

And this is where your argument falls down, sharia law isn't compatible with our laws and as such muslims who fall our laws can not claim to be falling the muslim law. By seeking the land of honey they're tying themselves up into a paradox of self-centredness.

Because Islam only acknowledges itself. It's not a fair relgion. It's morals are Islam, Islam & Islam.
Original post by ZazDogg
To be honest I'm surprised the EDL have any support. I would have thought in a civilised society that they're not needed.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Civilized? Is 7th century Islam civlized?:confused: awfully confused as to your comments.

But then again, bringing in people from the most dangerous parts of the world is a good idea to Labour voters, like yourself? :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending