The Student Room Group

Girls are you scared of spiders ?

Scroll to see replies

No. I have a brother who refuses to go into the shower if there's a spider present in the room though.

I'm actually quite a fan of all insects (I entertained buying a tarantula as a pet at some point too).

I genuinely can't think of any specific phobia that I have which will cause me to scream and run in fear at the sight of it. I have phobias of things that you can't really see like suffocation, or being in a small dark space where there isn't much space to move.
(edited 10 years ago)
I don't really like wasps and will try to avoid one if it comes near me but other than that no... I love spiders.
Reply 42
No but my brother is. Theres been times in the past when Ive had to get spiders out of the bath for him. Im scared of mice and rats and I dislike slugs (which is odd as snails dont bother me and are basically the same but with shells).

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 43
I'm scared of the big house spiders, but as long as they're scuttling away and not towards me, I just leave them be. I'm afraid of wasps, and of slugs. Hate slugs.
I don't mind if theres a spider in the room.. aslong as it stays away from me. If I find a spider on my bed or shower etc.. it does make me terrified. especially if you dont see it, then it runs across you.. ahhhh horrible!! I hate wasps.. terrified of being stung! I really dislike hamsters too.. haha working in a pet store, and having to wake up angry Syrians results in a lot of sore bites so I avoid them now haha
no i blend them in to my protein shakes and digest
No, spiders and tarantulas are really cool! Lol i like all insects, i dont really mind cockroaches and i dont feel disgusted when i see insects, unlike most girls. :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 47
Yes, I am scared of spiders. Not the little ones so much, but the big house spiders freak me out.

It's weird because I like to watch the spiders in my garden. The webs are amazing. And I have a couple of small, webby ones in my house that are quite welcome to stay. I've just had a few unpleasant experiences with the big ones. Like the time when I was just drifting off to sleep and felt something on my forehead and reached out and aaargh!

I'm petrified of wasps. I was stung by one as a child and I have never forgotten it.

And I'm wary of dogs, when I don't know them. Once I know he/she is friendly, though, we're cool :smile:.
I hate to fit the stereotype but I dont just dislike spiders. I not just scared of them I have a genuine intense phobia that strikes the highest level of fear and panic into me. I have been in car crashes am a terrorist attack but I can tell you nothing has ever made me cry, scream, freeze or go into a cold sweat like a spider of any size. If it is a spider, I cannot cope. Pictures of spiders are ok though I'd rather not touch them but if it is an actual spider any where near me I will break down

Now it is nothing to do about them being 'icky' or moving fast or other 'reasons' people give for saying they dont like them. I actually respect spiders and think that they are biological marvels, but I just have this inexplicable and inextricable base fear.

I am not afraid to get my hands dirty on the farm, love snakes, bats, rats, slugs, snails, frogs.. I will jump anyone's fence and play with their pit bull or rottweiler. I will get into a stall with a twitchy, rearing 18 hh thoroughbred racehorse...ANYTHING but spiders.

I am the one people call to come get some animal out of their house or to move a giant African land snail with my bare hands but I absolutely can not deal with spiders. I'm scared if I saw a spider on my dash I would crash a car... I've freaked out when my ma was driving before..
(edited 10 years ago)
I'm not scared of spiders although I'm terrified of big dogs-even labradors
Reply 50
I'm not scared of them, but I certainly don't like them. There is something unsettling about the way they move...
Original post by theoferdinand
??

Just wondering really because i have noticed a lot of you are , also if you are not scared of spiders which animals are you scared of

No, I used to collect them and put them into houses made of mud AMD leaves as a kid. They aren't exactly my favourite species though. I'm terrified of wasps and hornets.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 52
Original post by ChildishHambino
no i blend them in to my protein shakes and digest

haha
Only scared of poisonous spiders. I love the type of spiders that live in our area. They eat cockroaches! And they are big comparing to the average size of the spider seen in our area.
Reply 55
Nope, not too bothered.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I absolutely hate them:angry: I dislike how they look, the weird proportion of their body to their legs ( what is the use in having some tiny body and 10 metre long legs?) , how they move about, how they look ready to pounce all the time! Some comedian observed that the way a slider crouches is way scarier than the way a cat would.... Anyways, I'd love to wipe out every spider species their is :P bye!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I hate spiders, and insects in general. I'm also scared of jellyfish and heights, but I don't often encounter jellyfish so its not really an issue
Reply 58
I totally FREAK out when i see a spider either far or close.
Depends, how big are we talking? :holmes:

Quick Reply

Latest