The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

URGENT! Lyddon Hall, Cromer Terrace

Hi,
I just got my offer through for my accommodation at Leeds and although I got into Lyddon Hall (which is very exciting!!), I've been given room 109 in 27/31 Cromer Terrace which is one of the annexes.
I was hoping not to get into an annexe but I have so I could really do with some info on it before I accept.
Are the annexes still as good as being in the main hall? Do you still feel included in hall activites? What are the rooms like? Are they still a good size like the ones in the main building? And where is Cromer Terrace!? Is it far away from the main building?

Thank you in advance anyone who has information, it is much appreciated! I've heard whispers that the annexes aren't as good and I hope that isn't true!

Thanks

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I've got into Lyddon too - Cromer Terrace, Room 104! I have no idea about the whole annexe thing either tbh, but anyways, I'll be in the same bit as you'll be (:
(edited 10 years ago)
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
On the open day I spoke to a girl in the main hall and she said they mix with the annexe people. It can't be that far away as you're still on the campus! I thought the annexes sounded fun, and they're still old fashioned like Lyddon so really they have everything the same as main hall - character, on campus, catered etc etc
There are actually more people in the annexes than there are in the main hall so you're certainly not isolated. The best way to describe where Cromer Terrace is is if you imagine Lyddon at the centre of a clock; Storm Jameson is at 6 o'clock, the Refectory and LUU are at 12 o'clock, Cromer Terrace is at 9 o'clock. Have I just confused you even more?!!:tongue:
27-31 is towards the top of Cromer Terrace so you are the people who are the nearest, out of everyone in all accommodation, to the Refectory and thus to the front of the Students Union (although the main hall is nearer to the back)
Reply 4
Original post by luisamay
I've got into Lyddon too - Cromer Terrace, Room 104! I have no idea about the whole annexe thing either tbh, but anyways, I'll be in the same bit as you'll be (:

Ahh awesome :biggrin: I think it was just not having a clue what they were like. I feel better about my room now. What are you studying? :smile:

Original post by chocolateorange111
On the open day I spoke to a girl in the main hall and she said they mix with the annexe people. It can't be that far away as you're still on the campus! I thought the annexes sounded fun, and they're still old fashioned like Lyddon so really they have everything the same as main hall - character, on campus, catered etc etc

Well that's what attracted me to Lyddon so much so I think I was just concerned in case the annexes were really different. Sounds like it'll be totally fine there though now so I can get excited haha. Thank you for this :smile:

Original post by accomoffice
There are actually more people in the annexes than there are in the main hall so you're certainly not isolated. The best way to describe where Cromer Terrace is is if you imagine Lyddon at the centre of a clock; Storm Jameson is at 6 o'clock, the Refectory and LUU are at 12 o'clock, Cromer Terrace is at 9 o'clock. Have I just confused you even more?!!:tongue:
27-31 is towards the top of Cromer Terrace so you are the people who are the nearest, out of everyone in all accommodation, to the Refectory and thus to the front of the Students Union (although the main hall is nearer to the back)

Thank you for this! (think I went a bit mad yesterday pestering, sorry about that!) You haven't confused me more at all, I feel a lot better about where my room is now! :smile: I take it the rooms are a similar size and everything? Thanks again for your help!
Reply 5
Original post by Rosie4DC
Ahh awesome :biggrin: I think it was just not having a clue what they were like. I feel better about my room now. What are you studying? :smile:

Graphic and Communication Design, you? :biggrin: Sooo excited now!! The School of Design seems to be really close to our bit, I am going to be far too lazy for my own good in terms of going-to-lectures-in-my-PJs...
Reply 6
Graphic and Communication Design, you? :biggrin: Sooo excited now!! The School of Design seems to be really close to our bit, I am going to be far too lazy for my own good in terms of going-to-lectures-in-my-PJs...

Ahh cool, I'm doing Zoology. I'm really excited too!! Can't believe how little time we have left now, I can't wait! The School of Bio Sciences isn't far from us either so I reckon I'll be in the same boat xD
Reply 7
Hey!!! I have been put in one of the annexes too, 13-23 cromer terrace. Did either of you look round Lyddon cos I have no clue what its like, except that the location is GREAT!??? :smile: :confused:
Reply 8
Original post by emilymw
Hey!!! I have been put in one of the annexes too, 13-23 cromer terrace. Did either of you look round Lyddon cos I have no clue what its like, except that the location is GREAT!??? :smile: :confused:

Hi Emily! I'm in the same annexe :smile: I'm not sure what the annexes are like inside but Lyddon's main hall is lovely and homely so I imagine the annexes are the same.
Reply 9
got a place through clearing, I've applied to Lyddon as my first choice for accommodation! :smile:
Hey everyone :smile: i'm molly, i'm coming to leeds in september and i'm in 27-31 cromer terrace, room 103... anyone near??

Hey! I'm in room 103 :biggrin: next door neighbours! I'm molly btw...
Reply 12
Original post by mollyelizabeth
Hey! I'm in room 103 :biggrin: next door neighbours! I'm molly btw...

That's great, so excited!! :biggrin:
Reply 13
ahh i was in cromer terrace this year going into second year now and it was the best year ever, i was disappointed when i got put in the annexe but now i'm so glad i did i actually preferred it to the hall cos you have more freedom and when i was there the kitchens were really sociable so i made friends really easy, we were like a big family! and it's literally just round the corner from lyddon hall so you can still go in there if you wanted to for the common room :smile: most of the rooms are really big mine was huge but there's a few that are pretty small like one on each floor. hope you have a great year!!
Reply 14
Aw that's made me feel so much better, even more excited now! Thank you for your response!
Sorry if my post has nothing to do with Lyddon halls but you can turn down an offer for accomodation?
Reply 16
Original post by grosseban
Sorry if my post has nothing to do with Lyddon halls but you can turn down an offer for accomodation?

Yes, you can turn down the offer.
http://accommodation.leeds.ac.uk/info/100001/prospective_students/31/your_contract

"If you want to reject the offer, please click the reject button as soon as possible so that we can then offer the room to another student who is still waiting. "
Cromner terrace is less than a minute from main hall. If you hang out in the main hall room with the piano lots, you'll do well. If you hang out in your kitchen and rarely go to main hall like I did, you'll struggle with main hall. But then I was in another annex from Cromner.
Original post by tianqi
Yes, you can turn down the offer.
http://accommodation.leeds.ac.uk/info/100001/prospective_students/31/your_contract

"If you want to reject the offer, please click the reject button as soon as possible so that we can then offer the room to another student who is still waiting. "

Cheers!
Original post by MelMorgan
Hi I'm Mel, I've just been given my offer for 27/31 Cromer Terrace room 108!!

Same Im at Lyddon Hall 27/31 Cromer Terrace Room: 111 - en suite. We could be in the same flat:smile:
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest