The Student Room Group

Who cares about the royal baby?

Poll

Scroll to see replies

Original post by James82

I'd imagine William and Kate do, plus a select few others... Still less fuss than when Tina's baby was born in Corrie though
Reply 2
I can't believe the Royal Baby's been born already. It's a wonder how I was able to use Facebook for so long without reading about Royal Babies. Sometimes you just know when you'll remember a day for the rest of your life.

What a game changer.

Spoiler

Reply 3
Who cares about half the stuff the media report on these days.
Reply 4
Is it my baby? No, so I don't give a damn!
He's one day to represent the entire country. He's the personification of the country and a symbol of our heritage and history. His family can be traced back to before the nation even existed. He will be the King. Of course I care!

So long as he keeps his nose out of legislation making.

Edit: So much hate for the royals... :frown:
(edited 10 years ago)
British forgot to do something that we did in 1793
Reply 7
People have to care about it because people keep creating new threads all over the place discussing it. Can we not just have one thread?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by The Angry Stoic
He's one day to represent the entire country. He's the personification of the country and a symbol of our heritage and history. His family can be traced back to before the nation even existed. He will be the King. Of course I care!

The Angry Stoic cares about the Royal baby.

Im gobsmacked
Original post by moggis
The Angry Stoic cares about the Royal baby.

Im gobsmacked

I care because the royal family can be an influence for good. I like good :smile:
Reply 10
I'll only care about the royal baby if it happens to be ginger. Oh the awkward questions that will be asked! :colone:
Well congrats to Will and Kate on having their kid, but I still support a British republic for when after the Queen passes away.
Original post by miser
I can't believe the Royal Baby's been born already. It's a wonder how I was able to use Facebook for so long without reading about Royal Babies. Sometimes you just know when you'll remember a day for the rest of your life.

What a game changer.

Spoiler

don't the Greens support the establishment of a Republic?
Reply 14
Thats my cousin you wolly

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Original post by The Angry Stoic

No.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's completely changed my mind.
Reply 17
What happens when you have a society of mindless drones who have nothing better to do in their lives? They start caring about yet another baby being born - as if the multitudes of animals who do the very same thing isn't worthy enough.
And regards to caring about the boy because he'll somehow have an influence (yeah right) - the monarchy is just an overly pampered figurehead which is useless.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Original post by Andyrobbo1994
don't the Greens support the establishment of a Republic?

The R/L Greens? I don't know. The TSR Green Party has no stance on the issue.

Talking about me personally, I support the establishment of a republic.

Edit: According to Wikipedia:
The largest party with an official policy of republicanism is currently the Green Party of England and Wales, with one MP in the House of Commons.

From the policy section of the Green Party website, under the Monarchy and Churches subheading:

Spoiler

(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by l'ancien régime
British forgot to do something that we did in 1793

We tried in 1649. But Oliver Cromwell ****ed it up for everybody with his puritanical asshattery, and now we are lumbered with the parasites.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending