The Student Room Group

NHS Graduate Scheme 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 260
Hi guys, just been offered a place in my third choice (north west) they said they would email me a form to confirm and to try and request a region in the north west, has anyone else received any further contact since the phone call?
Congrats everyone!
Original post by Rose911
Hi guys, just been offered a place in my third choice (north west) they said they would email me a form to confirm and to try and request a region in the north west, has anyone else received any further contact since the phone call?
Congrats everyone!

I've had nothing since my phone call, but looking at Twitter the e-mail confirmation should be going out by the end of the week.

Congrats! :smile:
Reply 262
Original post by Katiee182
Is anyone else on standby?! More waiting argh!!

Standby for Finance here :/

More waiting :frown:
Reply 263
Original post by CElizabeth1991
How do you find out where you are on the list??

I called them to ask them this yesterday, and they said they would call me back.
Reply 264
I'd quite like to know where I am on the standby list too, even tho I know I probably won't be called. I emailed them but still no reply, so I guess I just got to wait a while! Otherwise may try calling
Im on the stanby list for GM. I called at 2ish yesterday to ask where i was on the list, but the person i spoke to said they didnt have any info on the list at that time. He did say that an email with more information would be sent out at a later date, but it may be worth phoning again to get an update rather than waiting.

Im not feeling too hopeful - the email did say we should be prepared to be as flexible as possible, but my life and mortgage is in london, so i cant really do that!
Reply 266
Just wanted to give a heads up! But I just received an email informing me of the place I'm in on reserve list! So those who want to know may want to email in =]!
Original post by al0802
Just wanted to give a heads up! But I just received an email informing me of the place I'm in on reserve list! So those who want to know may want to email in =]!

Did you email first to request your placement number? (just wondering if its being sent out to everyone or not)

also, did it say how many people in total are on the list?
Reply 268
Original post by -rubyruby-
Did you email first to request your placement number? (just wondering if its being sent out to everyone or not)

also, did it say how many people in total are on the list?

Yeh I emailed to ask for my place number and also for feedback! Really helpful and efficient in replying! Yeh they tell u what place out of how many!
Reply 269
al0802 Did they tell you if it's just one standby list or a standby list for each stream?
Reply 270
Original post by ejb89
al0802 Did they tell you if it's just one standby list or a standby list for each stream?

In past years it has been a standby list per stream.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by ejb89

they told me just the standby list numbers for my stream.
Any other lurkers or posters who have got anywhere with standby lists? :smile:
Reply 273
Original post by Tinsley
Any other lurkers or posters who have got anywhere with standby lists? :smile:

I get the feeling that not many people get called from the AC standby lists? Dunno why someone would turn down such a good offer!
Original post by al0802
I get the feeling that not many people get called from the AC standby lists? Dunno why someone would turn down such a good offer!

I think when people do turn down offers it's either because they have been offered a place in another scheme which they see as better, or because they've been placed in a region that they don't particularly want to work in.
Reply 275
Original post by rustybarnet
I think when people do turn down offers it's either because they have been offered a place in another scheme which they see as better, or because they've been placed in a region that they don't particularly want to work in.

Yeh that's true!
Original post by al0802

I think you'd be surprised! At my AC a fair few people said 'I want London or I don't want it at all'. I know people who have the NHS one as back up for things like the Civil Service or other public sector ones too. And there were people there who already had an offer from elsewhere but still went to NHS as they were undecided.

I accepted an offer of another grad scheme prior to going to the NHS AC. Now I've got the NHS I am rejecting the other. No reason for others not to be the same but with NHS. Its hard because we all want it so much we think people must be crazy to turn it down!

Do you know where you are on the standby list?
Reply 277
Yehh, I know you guys are right. I think it's just because I wanted to get on the scheme so badly!
But yeah, I understand that there are certain circumstances in which people do have to reject the offer.
I'll keep my hopes up for next year round though =] and yupp, I got told that I am 4th out of 14th!
Original post by al0802
Yehh, I know you guys are right. I think it's just because I wanted to get on the scheme so badly!
But yeah, I understand that there are certain circumstances in which people do have to reject the offer.
I'll keep my hopes up for next year round though =] and yupp, I got told that I am 4th out of 14th!

That's pretty high on the list! :smile: What stream?
Reply 279
Thank you, it's for HR Grad Scheme. Hopefully I can do much better next time! Still waiting for feedback as well. Which stream are you joining?

Quick Reply

Latest