The Student Room Group

NHS Graduate Scheme 2014

Scroll to see replies

You did really well, there weren't many HR places either! Glad you will try again next year. Lots of people seem to try again and encourage it, on my interview day I met someone there for the third time. I'm joining Finance.
Reply 281
Original post by Tinsley
You did really well, there weren't many HR places either! Glad you will try again next year. Lots of people seem to try again and encourage it, on my interview day I met someone there for the third time. I'm joining Finance.

Thank you! That is nice to know =]
And yeh definitely shall! Really wanna participate with the NHS!
Oh Congratulations! Hope you enjoy the program! Which have you been located?
Original post by al0802
Thank you! That is nice to know =]
And yeh definitely shall! Really wanna participate with the NHS!
Oh Congratulations! Hope you enjoy the program! Which have you been located?

East of England. Where in that region I don't know, but hopefully close to where I live! London was my first choice, but I never expected to get that and am quite happy with E of E.

There are other NHS jobs suitable for graduates other than the schemes, remember :smile:
Well, they contact me today about the first replacement. Really not happy. I have two children and mortgage. First, they refuse to let me defer one year. Second, my only choice is some place 54 miles away or isle of wight which will take ages to wait for ferry and the seasonal tickets are very expensive. Good luck with everyone.
Reply 284
Oh no =( that's really unfortunate how they aren't able to defer you. What stream did you apply for? I hope that you can find something that better suits your needs!
Original post by al0802
Oh no =( that's really unfortunate how they aren't able to defer you. What stream did you apply for? I hope that you can find something that better suits your needs!

Finance. I am a qualified ACCA and that's the only stream I want to do in NHS.
Original post by ashleyash
Finance. I am a qualified ACCA and that's the only stream I want to do in NHS.

I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you manage to find something else, if that's what you're intending to do.

I must say though, I'm surprised you heard back so early. I was told in my phone call we wouldn't hear about placements until the end of May!
Hi, they offered me another office which is still 55 miles away. I take down the offer. Someone in the Finance reserve list will have some luck today.
Hi Everyone, I was number 1 on the finance standby list and got offered a place 2 weeks ago. My first choice was London but I got offered South East, she said places never really come up in London as its so popular. But I can't really complain! Anyone else going to be in the South East?
Also, for all the people on stand by, the guy at my AC said in June or July they were expecting some extra funding which they would put towards the grad scheme so he hinted more placed may become available in the summer. So it's not just people rejecting places that could mean you get the call!
Reply 289
Original post by alexandradavies
Hi Everyone, I was number 1 on the finance standby list and got offered a place 2 weeks ago...So it's not just people rejecting places that could mean you get the call!

That's so great and Congrats on getting onto the program! So cool you were number 1 on the reserve list, waiting for the call must have been so nerve-racking!
Thanks as well for giving the reserve-list people some hope =]
Original post by alexandradavies
Hi Everyone, I was number 1 on the finance standby list and got offered a place 2 weeks ago. My first choice was London but I got offered South East, she said places never really come up in London as its so popular. But I can't really complain! Anyone else going to be in the South East?
Also, for all the people on stand by, the guy at my AC said in June or July they were expecting some extra funding which they would put towards the grad scheme so he hinted more placed may become available in the summer. So it's not just people rejecting places that could mean you get the call!

Congrats! I put London as my number one but got East of England (my number two, but I didn't expect to get London anyway!).

Nice to find another Finance person, I've only come across HR and General people on Twitter :smile:
Reply 291
Just wonder has anyone from this scheme gone into a clinical coding role, what is it like?
Hi,
Is there any particular website where I can practice for the numerical test?
Reply 293
Hi there

I have just applies for a HR administrator post at nhs and I have been called for an interview.
They also said that I would have to sit a numerical and literacy test which will last for about 35 min. Any idea why the test would comprise of ??
I get nervous with numbers !! Lol

Quick Reply

Latest