The Student Room Group

Is my Kitten going to have long or short hair when older?(PICS INCLUDED)

What do you think, long hair or short hair, she's quite fluffly at the mo and she's 12 weeks old.

Scroll to see replies

Long hair would be even more cute! :biggrin:
Reply 2
Moderate to long hair probably (source: my extremely lazy cat)
Reply 3
She's are poser, isn't she! Lol. IDK the answer to the question, sorry.
Oh my god good. That is the cutest thing I've ever seen. Is she any particular breed?

She looks like she's gonna have long hair, I've always had short hairs and they have never been very fluffy as kittens.

Once again. Too cute.
OMG :love:

My cat looked a bit like that as a kitten (except black) and her hair's short but very thick and fluffy now (aged 4).
Reply 6
Original post by LavenderBlueSky88
Oh my god good. That is the cutest thing I've ever seen. Is she any particular breed?

She looks like she's gonna have long hair, I've always had short hairs and they have never been very fluffy as kittens.

Once again. Too cute.

Haha thank you, she is pretty cute!

I'm not too sure what breed she is , although I would love to know.

Her mother has short hair but I'm not sure about the father,

What do your cats look like?
Picture 4, awww :love:
Reply 8
Original post by arnoob
Picture 4, awww :love:

She's taking a selfie haha
Reply 9
Id say long haired, which is gorgeous in a white cat :smile: but just be careful, with long hair when they grow up, they are absolutely gorgeous, but they require more care and attention then normal... brushing needs to be done regularly, and you will need to check for large hair knots. Also, it may be a good idea to take her to someone who can shave her behind lightly when she needs it; otherwise its a lot more difficult for her to clean herself after doing her business, and it shows, especially in white :s

source: the farm and house cats my family keep, and from experience with the 6 or so litters that 2 of our house cats had between them (including long haired kittens)

Hope this helps :smile:
Reply 10
Oh god. Cuteness overload.
Original post by hira233595
Haha thank you, she is pretty cute!

I'm not too sure what breed she is , although I would love to know.

Her mother has short hair but I'm not sure about the father,

What do your cats look like?

Did you get her from a litter or from an animal shelter? I've always wanted a white cat but they seem so rare! I also heard that all white cats with blue eyes are deaf? Which I'm guessing yours isn't?

I've always had cats my entire life, I've had tabbies, tortoiseshell and black and white. :smile:
Reply 12
Original post by LavenderBlueSky88
Did you get her from a litter or from an animal shelter? I've always wanted a white cat but they seem so rare! I also heard that all white cats with blue eyes are deaf? Which I'm guessing yours isn't?

I've always had cats my entire life, I've had tabbies, tortoiseshell and black and white. :smile:

Aww cute, I really want a tabby!

Yes, that's correct-unfortunately she is deaf :frown: which is really sad because she gets scared a lot and it's soo upsetting, but aside from that she's very very very playful and a very content kitten.

She's from a litter of 4 kittens-3 white kittens with blue eyes like herself and one ginger kitten with green eyes :smile:
Reply 13
Original post by Crimmy
Id say long haired, which is gorgeous in a white cat :smile: but just be careful, with long hair when they grow up, they are absolutely gorgeous, but they require more care and attention then normal... brushing needs to be done regularly, and you will need to check for large hair knots. Also, it may be a good idea to take her to someone who can shave her behind lightly when she needs it; otherwise its a lot more difficult for her to clean herself after doing her business, and it shows, especially in white :s

source: the farm and house cats my family keep, and from experience with the 6 or so litters that 2 of our house cats had between them (including long haired kittens)

Hope this helps :smile:

Thank you for your detailed advice-much appreciated!
Reply 14
Aww cute, I really want a tabby!

Yes, that's correct-unfortunately she is deaf :frown: which is really sad because she gets scared a lot and it's soo upsetting, but aside from that she's very very very playful and a very content kitten.

She's from a litter of 4 kittens-3 white kittens with blue eyes like herself and one ginger kitten with green eyes :smile:

Thank you for taking on a handicapped kitty :smile: She will give you years of love and affection I am sure. Will you be letting her go outside? I'm not sure how dangerous this would be for a deaf cat. Might be worth asking your vet
Reply 15
Original post by Talya
Thank you for taking on a handicapped kitty :smile: She will give you years of love and affection I am sure. Will you be letting her go outside? I'm not sure how dangerous this would be for a deaf cat. Might be worth asking your vet

My dad is a vet haha

Defo not going to be allowed outside because deaf cats are unable to spot dangers such as traffic and even other animals such as cats,fox or dogs
Reply 16
My dad is a vet haha

Defo not going to be allowed outside because deaf cats are unable to spot dangers such as traffic and even other animals such as cats,fox or dogs

Aww.. I am sure she will have an amazing life. I recommend the London Pet Show which is in May each year, if you've not been before. So many enrichment ideas and toys. :biggrin:
Reply 17
so cute and cudly, short hair will do

have a great cat day.
I'd say it will get slightly longer, but not overly long!

She is absolutely gorgeous by the way!!! :smile:
Reply 19
What do you think, long hair or short hair, she's quite fluffly at the mo and she's 12 weeks old.

I don't think shes a short hair cat.
She's not a persian cat so her fur wont be extremely long like persians but her fur will be about medium length which is still long compared to short fur cats.

My cat had fur like that as a kitten but now its long and hes quite fluffy.
But please make sure you brush her all the time or else she will develop matts which are absolute hell! If you see even a small little clump forming get the brush out and comb her fur thoroughly. The longer you leave it the worse it'll become and the harder to take out. If it gets really bad you'll have to have the matts shaved out which wont be very nice.
Also you should start getting her used t the brushing as a kitten so that she gets used to it and stays still when shes older

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply