The Student Room Group

University interviews and the news

Ok so I am planning on applying o Oxford for History and I have been told by numerous people that you have to know the current news when applying (which is understandable). Therefore I was wondering whether anyone has had any experience of this at any university interview and what sort of news I should read about. I have recently been reading The Guardian and it seems that there is so much news (I probably sound really silly). Thanks for any replies :smile:
It's good to know about current news. Use newspaper websites and look under the history section x
Reply 2
I applied for medicine, so I can't help you with what type of thing you should be reading about, however I was told that it was acceptable to use stories from 12-18 months ago, i.e. they didn't have to be super-current, you just have to know your stuff about one or two stories in detail. By all means have a current story as well, to fall back on if they ask you for one that's a bit more up-to-date, but don't think that that's all you have to have :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending